Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its offical

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 42 Replies
Just heard on the news that the VA says IF this shut down continues veterans will NOT receive their EARNED benefit checks in 18 days,(meaning my father an Army vet will not be receiving his check) and yet there are still people out there saying this shut down is not hurting anyone??????
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tcfla
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:47 PM

my husband is a disable vet and we also won't be getting a check.  Totally sucks. 

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Well if the senate would have only passed that bill sent over from the house ....

Sat.Wed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Seriously???? your still pointing fingers?????  when its been SHOWN that the Republicans were planning this MONTHS in advance??????  Are you one of the ones that beleivs that no one is being hurt by this shut down?????

Quoting rocketracer:

Well if the senate would have only passed that bill sent over from the house ....

Sat.Wed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally my father is a disabled vet as well, this is benefits they EARNED and yet congress (manily GOP) is playing GAMES

Quoting tcfla:

my husband is a disable vet and we also won't be getting a check.  Totally sucks. 

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

seriously, whatever....i'm tired of most of them in DC...both parties.

Quoting Sat.Wed:

Seriously???? your still pointing fingers?????  when its been SHOWN that the Republicans were planning this MONTHS in advance??????  Are you one of the ones that beleivs that no one is being hurt by this shut down?????

Quoting rocketracer:

ReadWriteLuv
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, if a deal isn't reached on the debt ceiling by Thursday no active duty military member is getting paid either. 

Sat.Wed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:57 PM

your right BOTH parties are to blame but the finger pointing is EXACTLY what they want all of us "average" people to do so that they can be "sneaky"

Quoting rocketracer:

seriously, whatever....i'm tired of most of them in DC...both parties.

Quoting Sat.Wed:

Quoting rocketracer:

Sat.Wed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Oh I know, I have family that is active military and they are sweating it right now now sure whats going to happen

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Well, if a deal isn't reached on the debt ceiling by Thursday no active duty military member is getting paid either. 

cammibear
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:59 PM
4 moms liked this
Hmmm...seriously? Your pointing fingers?

Obama has targeted the veterans. It makes him and any that stand with him lower than low. They have been deemed unessential.

Quoting Sat.Wed:

Totally my father is a disabled vet as well, this is benefits they EARNED and yet congress (manily GOP) is playing GAMES

Quoting tcfla:

Sat.Wed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:06 PM

The Dems have just as much blame, BUT when its been proven that some NOT all in the GOP have been planning this its like wow, but again NEITHER party is perfect BUT to partly shut down the government just because you dont get your way is not fair either and it makes ALL what is 535 ppl?? look like bickering childern on the playground and look at what China has said we are now the laughing stock of the world

Quoting cammibear:

Hmmm...seriously? Your pointing fingers?

Obama has targeted the veterans. It makes him and any that stand with him lower than low. They have been deemed unessential.

Quoting Sat.Wed:

Quoting tcfla:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)