Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Do you think this is a serious crime or just a prank that got out of hand?

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 8 Replies

Cruel Kids Nearly Kill Classmate With Severe Nut Allergy

by Rebecca Stokes

evil peanutsA high school student in Sweden nearly died after suffering an allergic reaction this week. Was she eating in a new restaurant or trying a new food? No. The student in question was at a location that should be the safest for kids her age. She was at school.

Allergies are a serious business. They are very different than having a "sensitivity" to certain foods. This is something Linn Jurnberg, 18, tried to make clear when she posted a notice on a bulletin board reminding her fellow students that she had a severe nut allergy. If anything, the signage had the opposite of its intended effect. In fact, the results were almost deadly.

It appears, reports the school's principal, that moments after posting the notice on the bulletin board, it was deliberately ripped down. The authorities currently believe that Linn was then felled by her fellow students. Some of her teachers says that students were "stockpiling" nuts and slipped a hazelnut in Linn's water when she wasn't looking. She nearly suffocated and died as a result.

The principal is taking this seriously, as he should. He's not mincing words, either: "Either the student who did this is completely stupid or it's attempted manslaughter." I think it's a combination of the two. A stupid crime. A "prank" is something harmless. The only thing that gets hurt when you pull a prank on someone is someone's ego. Knowing that putting nuts in Junrberg's water would cause her death is malicious. We leave the realm of "pranks" when the end result is serious injury or death. 

Do you think this is a serious crime or just a prank that got out of hand?

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gludwig2000
by Gina on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I think it was thoughtless and stupid, and possibly criminal, but I don't know if it was malicious. Smh,
JanuaryBaby06
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:58 PM

i think it started as a prank.... but many things do. they took a gamble with someone elses life... they should have to answer for it. If the school finds out who it is they should be expelled at least.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a felony that should get jail time.

specialwingz
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM

How can you NOT know if it was malicious???  It was EVERYTHING defined here!!!

ma·li·cious

məˈliSHəs/
adjective
  1. 1.
    characterized by malice; intending or intended to do harm.
    "malicious destruction of property"
    synonyms:spitefulmalevolent, evil-intentioned, vindictivevengefulmalignmean,nastyhurtfulmischievous, wounding, cruelunkind;
Quoting gludwig2000:

I think it was thoughtless and stupid, and possibly criminal, but I don't know if it was malicious. Smh,

specialwingz
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM

How can it NOT be malicious???  It was EVERYTHING defined here!!!

ma·li·cious

məˈliSHəs/
adjective
  1. 1.
    synonyms:spitefulmalevolent, evil-intentioned, vindictivevengefulmalignmean,nastyhurtfulmischievous, wounding, cruelunkind;
Quoting gludwig2000:

erika9009
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM

That student who put the nut in the water did it intentionally.  It's not like they were trying to catch peanuts in their mouth and one go knocked in her water.

They should be prosecuted because of their intent.

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Serious crime. Someone purposefully tried to kill her.
gludwig2000
by Gina on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:56 PM
It would be malicious if they realized the extent if their actions but its possible that they really didn't believe how dangerous it was.

Quoting specialwingz:

How can it NOT be malicious???  It was EVERYTHING defined here!!!

ma·li·cious

məˈliSHəs/
adjective
  1. 1.
Quoting gludwig2000:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN