Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those darn facts. Liberal professor ...Tea Party members smarter than average.

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 54 Replies
3 moms liked this

Those Darn Facts: Liberal professor shocked to discover Tea Party smarter than average.

a-serious-man-500Dan Kahan, the Elizabeth K. Dollard Professor of Law and Professor of Psychology at Yale Law School was curious about the relationship between ”science comprehension“ and political outlooks. His findings shocked him: tea party supporters are actually more scientifically literate than the non-tea party population

I’ve got to confess, though, I found this result surprising. As I pushed the button to run the analysis on my computer, I fully expected I’d be shown a modest negative correlation between identifying with the Tea Party and science comprehension.

But then again, I don’t know a single person who identifies with the Tea Party.  All my impressions come from watching cable tv — & I don’t watch Fox News very often — and reading the “paper” (New York Times daily, plus a variety of politics-focused internet sites like Huffington Post & Politico).

I’m a little embarrassed, but mainly I’m just glad that I no longer hold this particular mistaken view.

Here’s a graph of his results…

tpscic

Of course Liberals are claiming his study is flawed, thus demonstrating why Tea Party supporters ranked higher: Liberals view their political ideology as more important than reality, whereas, Tea Party supporters base their political ideology on reality.

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyMom08
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Source?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

If the Tea Party Is smartest than why do they always lose and are culturally inept?

There are some things books cant teach like maturity,compromise,and worldly diversity.

JustCJ
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM

it's satire...I'm in a mood today :)

Quoting LucyMom08:

Source?

JustCJ
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I don't know what culturally inept means will you explain it? 

Quoting MomTiara19:

If the Tea Party Is smartest than why do they always lose and are culturally inept?

There are some things books cant teach like maturity,compromise,and worldly diversity.

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Yes MomTiara could you please explain?  And while you're at it, could you tell me what exactly FDR meant with that quote?

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting MomTiara19:

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Bump

mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting MomTiara19:

Culturally inept?

How specifically ?

I have GOT to hear this.

Billiejeens
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Can't dance - no rhythm
Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Quoting MomTiara19:

Culturally inept?

How specifically ?

I have GOT to hear this.

Billiejeens
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM
3 moms liked this

No she can not

She posts memes

Quoting lylalane7275:

Yes MomTiara could you please explain?  And while you're at it, could you tell me what exactly FDR meant with that quote?

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting MomTiara19:

Billiejeens
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:24 PM
3 moms liked this

We don't worship (half) coloreds simply for being (half) colored.

We like our to support people that have actually accomplished something.

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting MomTiara19:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)