Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obamacare Fight-VS- Birth Of Social Security:Which Was Uglier?

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:24 AM
  • 12 Replies
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cammibear
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this
With crippling progressive policies that are hurting our economy and productivity, Social Security cannot sustain forever. Obamacare will speed up that process. Euthanasia will follow. SS no longer needed. My prediction anyways.

ETA: Doesnt matter which one is uglier. They can both be argued to be unconstitutional infringing upon personal liberty.
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Actually, SS, forcing people to pay toward what amounted to as a gov't pension plan was heard by the Supreme  Court in the late 30's.  The SC decided it was legal to tax people for this program.  So there was the precedent for Justice Roberts turn coat decision.

Would't it be great to have a SC that actually made their decisions based on the Contitution?  After all, wasn't that the reason our forefathers set up the SC....to interpret cases based on the Constituion and Bill of Rights? 

Quoting cammibear:

With crippling progressive policies that are hurting our economy and productivity, Social Security cannot sustain forever. Obamacare will speed up that process. Euthanasia will follow. SS no longer needed. My prediction anyways.

ETA: Doesnt matter which one is uglier. They can both be argued to be unconstitutional infringing upon personal liberty.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Quoting grandmab125:

Actually, SS, forcing people to pay toward what amounted to as a gov't pension plan was heard by the Supreme  Court in the late 30's.  The SC decided it was legal to tax people for this program.  So there was the precedent for Justice Roberts turn coat decision.

Would't it be great to have a SC that actually made their decisions based on the Contitution?  After all, wasn't that the reason our forefathers set up the SC....to interpret cases based on the Constituion and Bill of Rights? 

Quoting cammibear:

This is SO true and bears repeating.

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Who knows if he did or not, because none of the other justices ever brought this up, that I know about.  And none of the news stations and sites used that SC decision to bolster their win.  But then again, the msm is too illiterate to have even discovered this little tidbit.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting cammibear:

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Quoting grandmab125:

Who knows if he did or not, because none of the other justices ever brought this up, that I know about.  And none of the news stations and sites used that SC decision to bolster their win.  But then again, the msm is too illiterate to have even discovered this little tidbit.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting cammibear:

He's a turn coat..plain and simple..

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm sure that you, OP, haven't a clue that both SS and medicare had bi-partisan support (even though some fought both programs), and news flash!, Obamacare had absolutely no Republican input or support in the House, and the few Senators who were on the fence were bought off with backroom deals.....The Cornhusker Kickback, The Louisiana Purchase, etc.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM
3 moms liked this
Quoting grandmab125:

I'm sure that you, OP, haven't a clue that both SS and medicare had bi-partisan support (even though some fought both programs), and news flash!, Obamacare had absolutely no Republican input or support in the House, and the few Senators who were on the fence were bought off with backroom deals.....The Cornhusker Kickback, The Louisiana Purchase, etc.

Here is what she knows - Memes are easy, she finally has a president that looks like her.

That is what she knows, no more.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Since SS has been a financial disaster and is bankrupt, I would have thought a detractor of O-care would have compared it to SS, not a supporter.

Go figure.

cammibear
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes! It would be nice for the Constitution to mean something to those who are sworn to uphold and protect it, not reinterpret it.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting cammibear:

29again
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Billiejeens:

Since SS has been a financial disaster and is bankrupt, I would have thought a detractor of O-care would have compared it to SS, not a supporter.

Go figure.

That's what I was thinking. SS has not exactly been a roaring success.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)