Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jon Stewart’s Scathing Obamacare Critique Is as Ruthlessly Honest as It Is Funny

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Eds
  • 38 Replies
2 moms liked this

Jon Stewart’s Scathing Obamacare Critique Is as Ruthlessly Honest as It Is Funny

All Democrats needed to do in order to secure a political advantage was execute the implementation of Obamacare in a “mildly competent” fashion, at least according to comedian Jon Stewart.

Well, they failed — and Stewart is letting them know it.

Jon Stewart Delivers Scathing Obamacare Rollout Critique

Comedy Central

After slamming the GOP’s shutdown strategy, Stewart claimed that the country was ready to “turn blue.” Now, there’s just one big problem… or 99 of them.

“Yes, apparently the Healthcare.gov website has 99 problems, but a glitch is all of them,” Stewart joked.

After playing a clip of a news report outlining the problems users are having with simply logging in on the website, he then noted that “the first step” doesn’t even work. The horrific rollout of Obamacare has left Democrats completely unable to “spin this turd,” he added.

Watch the rest of Stewart’s scathing Obamacare takedown via Comedy Central (Warning: Some strong language):

by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PamR
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Obviously, the website should have been better prepared than it was. 

Billiejeens
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM
3 moms liked this

Yep that is the only problem with the whole thing.

Quoting PamR:

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

lol...love Jon Stewart.

As a democrat I am not happy with the roll out either.Yet as an American I am not rooting for obamacare to fail.I am rooting for all Americans to be able to get healthcare.

We can be part of the problem or the solution.Republicans may not like government involved in healthcare.Yet we also cant deny the amount of people in need of healthcare.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Billiejeens:

Yep that is the only problem with the whole thing.

Quoting PamR:

WHAT is it with Obama supporters and rose colored glasses.  It's BEEN HOW MANY YEARS he's been in office.. FOR CRIKEY sake..people can make a judgment call after watching a two hour movie if they think it's bad or good.

imagirlgeek
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:52 AM
2 moms liked this

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!  That was the best Jon Stewart segment EVER!!  Thank you for posting this!  Brilliant!  Hilarious!  

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Yes, apparently the Healthcare.gov website has 99 problems, but a glitch is all of them,” Stewart joked.

lol

kcangel63
by Amanda on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Jon Stewart. The most honest reporter on TV.
Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM
4 moms liked this

ROTFL now the Repubs like John. ;-)

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you want all Americans to get Healthcare or all Americans to get Health Insurance?

Quoting MomTiara19:

lol...love Jon Stewart.

As a democrat I am not happy with the roll out either.Yet as an American I am not rooting for obamacare to fail.I am rooting for all Americans to be able to get healthcare.

We can be part of the problem or the solution.Republicans may not like government involved in healthcare.Yet we also cant deny the amount of people in need of healthcare.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, that was wonderful!
And I have always like John Stewart, regardless of my political leaning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)