Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Kennedy vs. Reagan vs.Obama

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 5:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
At this point, me too.

Quoting DSamuels:

Hell, I'm starting to miss Clinton. Bill, that is.

Quoting Carpy:

I miss Reagan.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I think the correct spelling is O'Bama. 

Quoting DSamuels:

Let's see, who has defended and pretty much completely dismantled NASA altogether. And gotten rid of the space shuttles, giving them to a few selected museums.

Could it be a DEMOCRAT named Obama?

Nice try! confused

Quoting mommom2000:

if we had the republicans of today, we would have never made it to the moon, they would have cut funding to NASA.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Many of Kennedy's positions would be considered conservative today. Except for his racism in not inviting Sammy Davis Jr to his inauguration.

Watch the Kennedy/Nixon debates, and you'd swear both were Republican.

Quoting Donna6503:

Not a fan of Kennedy here.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Not surprised.

Quoting Donna6503:

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:31 PM

You beat me to it!

Quoting Carpy:

Not surprised.

Quoting Donna6503:

Donna6503
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
While many (well not that many) may know of the Nixon's five- o-clock shadow during that debate; but, what many people don't know was that Kennedy actually out-hawked Nixon during that debate.

Still, while a new revisionist history; about Kennedy and his tax cut, that makes him out to be a raging conservative is taking place ... Trust me, his policies were more in line with the liberals and liberals' thinking of the time. (See "The Liberal Papers" by James Roosevelt, 1962)

While I've never been a Kennedy fan, my problem with him has very little to do with him not being "progressive" enough; it has to do with his (many) mistakes that took place under him; mist of which deals with foreign affairs. While his mistakes are problematic, in the end, Kennedy; like his father, only cared about "Kennedy" his image and really nothing much else.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Many of Kennedy's positions would be considered conservative today. Except for his racism in not inviting Sammy Davis Jr to his inauguration.

Watch the Kennedy/Nixon debates, and you'd swear both were Republican.

Quoting Donna6503:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Donna6503
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Aw why

Quoting Carpy:

Not surprised.

Quoting Donna6503:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommom2000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Under the other presidents they didn't have to work with a crazy party who wanted only to cut, and obstruct. Anyone paying attention knows what party has been wanting to slash spending on science. The republicans proposed cuts to NASA, they are the party who wanted to cut, cut,cut but refused to even talk about revenue.
Quoting DSamuels:

Let's see, who has defended and pretty much completely dismantled NASA altogether. And gotten rid of the space shuttles, giving them to a few selected museums.

Nice try! confused

Quoting mommom2000:

if we had the republicans of today, we would have never made it to the moon, they would have cut funding to NASA.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Really? So the republicans didn't have control of both the house and senate during 6 years of Clinton's presidency, starting in 1994? Control they kept until 2006. And yet the space program did fine. Go figure. 

Kudos to the republicans....we need to cut spending! 

Quoting mommom2000:

Under the other presidents they didn't have to work with a crazy party who wanted only to cut, and obstruct. Anyone paying attention knows what party has been wanting to slash spending on science. The republicans proposed cuts to NASA, they are the party who wanted to cut, cut,cut but refused to even talk about revenue.
Quoting DSamuels:

Nice try! confused

Quoting mommom2000:

codfish
by Jen on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:05 PM
2 moms liked this
So cutting government is bad how? Obama sut down the entire shuttle program!
Obama had his way the first two years with dems controlling both chambers.
Clinton had rep controlled chambers during most of h is presidency. Funding for nasa was all good.
Bless your heart..

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting DSamuels:

Nice try! confused

Quoting mommom2000:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN