Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever wonder...?

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Why it is when you tell someone you will not be opening their replies under "my activity" to even read them much less answer them and ask them to please just not reply to you/me anymore and they still waste their time replying to you when you have made it clear you wont be reading the reply?

When post/replies get to a point that you are just going in pointless circles repeating yourself most often leading to arguments and things getting nasty there is no point to continue as it ends up leading to no where. Not to mention we are all supposed to be grown women and mothers.

I have had to ask a few (very few) over the years who seemed to constantly quote me with some smart ass reply no matter what the post or topic is about. After so long I will just ask them to over look me and not expect me to read their replies or answer.

Most will respect that but there is always that one smart ass who must feed off of drama and attempt to keep it going.

They are not wasting my time because once it has reached that point I don't read anything else they have to say. They are just wasting their own time by taking the time to post/reply when it's not going to be read.

I don't get it. A dead end is a dead end and leads to no where but going in circles. So why keep on? The only conclusion I can come up with is that some have the need to keep constant drama going on especially when it is every post they reply to you in.

Subhan Allah ( سبحان الله )"Glory be to Allah"
 Alhamdulillah ( الحمدللہ )"All Praise to Allah"
 Allahu Akbar ( الله اكبر )"Allah is the Greatest"

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pema_Jampa
Only on CafeMom...
Yesterday at 6:51 PM
by Celeste on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't wonder. Some just have no self control.

It is difficult to ignore some posters. 

pamelax3
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I hear ya!

muslimah
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

crap i guess i better put on my glasses after all. I'm making allot of mistakes today. I am not referring to anyone here and actually thought I was posting in another group. oh well I'm not one to delete replies so I guess i will just leave it.

To answer your reply, this is Cafe Mom for Christ sake. If one can not exercise self control here how do they function in real life lol?

I understand it is sometimes hard to ignore someone or something they have said but when it gets to the point that 30 replies later you are still going in circles saying the same thing over and over then it's time to call it quits.

Pema_Jampa
Only on CafeMom...
by Celeste on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I have noticed with some posters it always the same topic and the same arguments even down the the same words/ videos they used the other 500 times we  discussed the topic.

Ignoring in the hopes that some posters will just give up and leave you alone doesn't work with the extremist trolls. JMHO. 

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

crap i guess i better put on my glasses after all. I'm making allot of mistakes today. I am not referring to anyone here and actually thought I was posting in another group. oh well I'm not one to delete replies so I guess i will just leave it.

To answer your reply, this is Cafe Mom for Christ sake. If one can not exercise self control here how do they function in real life lol?

I understand it is sometimes hard to ignore someone or something they have said but when it gets to the point that 30 replies later you are still going in circles saying the same thing over and over then it's time to call it quits.

muslimah
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting pamelax3:

I hear ya!

I wish the stalker in the other group would here me and stop replying to me. I'm not even going to read them. There is no point. We don't see eye to eye and 8 or 9 pages later it has become clear that we will not see eye to eye so there is no point to keep it on going.

kcangel63
by Amanda on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I just ignore them, or stop going to the post.  I've done it a few times.  The only time it really bothers me is when they start sending nasty PMs (usually about my religious beliefs).  I've only had to block a couple people in the 6 years I've been here.  I disagree with the vast majority of people here, but if they can't get past their dislike of what I think, that's not my problem.

Good luck.

muslimah
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Yes I have noticed with some posters it always the same topic and the same arguments even down the the same words/ videos they used the other 500 times we  discussed the topic.

Ignoring in the hopes that some posters will just give up and leave you alone doesn't work with the extremist trolls. JMHO. 

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

I have noticed that too. What you are saying does happen very often in this group.

But this particular stalker in the other group follows me from post to post no matter the topic of the post and insist on constantly quoting me with some smart ass reply.

I never seen her around until just a few days when she started so I'm assuming she doesn't know me either. Why she picked me to follow i don't know especially after i told her I am no longer interested in anything she has to say and not to expect a reply from me.

I can see where topics of politics or religion get a little more nasty but i could say the sky is blue and she will come back and tell me it is orange.

Pema_Jampa
Only on CafeMom...
by Celeste on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe in her world? 

wink

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

I have noticed that too. What you are saying does happen very often in this group.

But this particular stalker in the other group follows me from post to post no matter the topic of the post and insist on constantly quoting me with some smart ass reply.

I never seen her around until just a few days when she started so I'm assuming she doesn't know me either. Why she picked me to follow i don't know especially after i told her I am no longer interested in anything she has to say and not to expect a reply from me.

I can see where topics of politics or religion get a little more nasty but i could say the sky is blue and she will come back and tell me it is orange.

muslimah
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Quoting kcangel63:

I just ignore them, or stop going to the post.  I've done it a few times.  The only time it really bothers me is when they start sending nasty PMs (usually about my religious beliefs).  I've only had to block a couple people in the 6 years I've been here.  I disagree with the vast majority of people here, but if they can't get past their dislike of what I think, that's not my problem.

Good luck.

I end up ignoring them too as hard as they try to keep it going in circles. I have not had one send me a message in a long time. I used to get allot of messages from people I had never even seen before and i just blocked them one by one as they messaged me. I think allot of those messages came from journals on my page which I have not posted a journal in probably a couple years and the messages to my in box stopped.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I think it's a point of argument. If someone does not want to respond to someone, they should just not respond in the first place. I think it can be seen as a challenge for one person to say to another, "Don't write to me. I am not going to respond to you." This means they get to state their argument, but they want to deny the other person a voice. Which makes the second person want to respond. The better action would be for the first person not even to respond. Because then there is nothing to for the second person to respond to. Just ignore it, and it will go away.   :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)