Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Michelle Obama’s college classmate is executive at company that built Obamacare website

Posted by   + Show Post

4:57 PM 10/25/2013

Patrick Howley

First Lady Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is a top executive at the company that earned the contract to build the failed Obamacare website.

Toni Townes-Whitley, Princeton class of ’85, is senior vice president at CGI Federal, which earned the no-bid contract to build the $678 million Obamacare enrollment website at Healthcare.gov. CGI Federal is the U.S. arm of a Canadian company.

Townes-Whitley and her Princeton classmate Michelle Obama are both members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni.

Toni Townes ’85 is a onetime policy analyst with the General Accounting Office and previously served in the Peace Corps in Gabon, West Africa. Her decision to return to work, as an African-American woman, after six years of raising kids was applauded by a Princeton alumni publication in 1998

George Schindler, the president for U.S. and Canada of the Canadian-based CGI Group, CGI Federal’s parent company, became an Obama 2012 campaign donor after his company gained the Obamacare website contract.

As reported by the Washington Examiner in early October, the Department of Health and Human Services reviewed only CGI’s bid for the Obamacare account. CGI was one of 16 companies qualified under the Bush administration to provide certain tech services to the federal government. A senior vice president for the company testified this week before The House Committee on Energy and Commerce that four companies submitted bids, but did not name those companies or explain why only CGI’s bid was considered.

On the government end, construction of the disastrous Healthcare.gov website was overseen by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), a division of longtime failed website-builder Kathleen Sebelius’ Department of Health and Human Services.

Update: The Daily Caller repeatedly contacted CGI Federal for comment. After publication of this article, the company responded that there would be “nothing coming out of CGI for the record or otherwise today.” The company did however insist that The Daily Caller include a reference to vice president Cheryl Campbell’s House testimony. This has been included as a courtesy to the company.

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
autodidact
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I doubted you would be able to make a case. 

report to you? hardly. I slept right though your fucking "orders", get over yourself. 

Quoting SallyMJ:

Reread the article, and look up the phrase "no-bid contract."

And then report tomorrow at zero nine hundred hours.

Quoting autodidact:

and? so they both graduated in the same year in a class that was likely over a thousand people. doesn't mean or prove a thing.

mowen44
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Michelle Obama also attended Princeton at the time as someone  who knows Kevin Bacon.  Let's investigate.

29again
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

angel_vine
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:33 AM
3 moms liked this

There has always been cronyism in the White House but it has been seriously ramped up with this administration. It is ridiculous that some of you on the left just continue to overlook and excuse it. How can you not be disgusted by the corruption and ineptitude of Obama and his "cronies?" These decisions they are making are hurting real people out here in the real world. Makes me glad I don't belong to any political party. I couldn't excuse this crap from any President just because he was on "my side". 

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh dear, your weak response doesn't hold water.

Even using today's statistics of 1,931 students admitted to Princeton this year (which would in all likelyhood be all freshmen), only 8% are African American.  That would be about 123 black students.  Nearly 20 years ago, that number of AA students would have been even smaller.

Then they both belonged to the same groups during that time.

Michelle Obama from First Ladies Bios:

Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, 1981-1985, bachelor’s degree in Sociology, with a minor degree in African-American Studies. She worked with both the Third World Center and belonged to the Organization of Black Unity, an African-American student group.

Toni Townes-Whitley from LinkedIn:

Princeton University
Bachelor of Arts, Economics & Public Policy
1981 – 1985

Frederick Douglas Award, Woodrow Wilson School Honors, Director “The Wiz”, Initiator – Swahili Foreign Language Course
Activities and Societies: Woodrow Wilson School, Third World Center, Princeton Gospel Ensemble, Alliance of Third World Women, Organization of Black Unity

There is no way they couldn't have known each other up close and personal.

Quoting autodidact:

and? so they both graduated in the same year in a class that was likely over a thousand people. doesn't mean or prove a thing.

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I always liked this one:

"Well, isn't that special."

"Well, isn't that ... extra special."

Quoting 29again:

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:04 AM
2 moms liked this
Wait - facts AND logic - you will confuse some people.

Quoting grandmab125:

Even using today's statistics of 1,931 students admitted to Princeton this year (which would in all likelyhood be all freshmen), only 8% are African American.  That would be about 123 black students.  Nearly 20 years ago, that number of AA students would have been even smaller.

Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, 1981-1985, bachelor’s degree in Sociology, with a minor degree in African-American Studies. She worked with both the Third World Center and belonged to the Organization of Black Unity, an African-American student group.

Princeton University
1981 – 1985

Frederick Douglas Award, Woodrow Wilson School Honors, Director “The Wiz”, Initiator – Swahili Foreign Language Course
Activities and Societies: Woodrow Wilson School, Third World Center, Princeton Gospel Ensemble, Alliance of Third World Women, Organization of Black Unity

Quoting autodidact:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Wait.....don't you know I'm ignorant, don't know what I'm talking about, never prove my points, yada, yada, yada?  I have to be wrong.... LOL

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Quoting grandmab125:

Princeton University
1981 – 1985

Quoting autodidact:

autodidact
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:36 AM

I never claimed they didn't know each other, I was saying that this article didn't establish it. 

Quoting grandmab125:

Princeton University
1981 – 1985

Quoting autodidact:

autodidact
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:51 AM

your article didn't prove your point. 

Quoting grandmab125:

Wait.....don't you know I'm ignorant, don't know what I'm talking about, never prove my points, yada, yada, yada?  I have to be wrong.... LOL

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Quoting grandmab125:

Princeton University
1981 – 1985

Quoting autodidact:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)