Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Michelle Obama’s college classmate is executive at company that built Obamacare website

Posted by   + Show Post

4:57 PM 10/25/2013

Patrick Howley

First Lady Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is a top executive at the company that earned the contract to build the failed Obamacare website.

Toni Townes-Whitley, Princeton class of ’85, is senior vice president at CGI Federal, which earned the no-bid contract to build the $678 million Obamacare enrollment website at Healthcare.gov. CGI Federal is the U.S. arm of a Canadian company.

Townes-Whitley and her Princeton classmate Michelle Obama are both members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni.

Toni Townes ’85 is a onetime policy analyst with the General Accounting Office and previously served in the Peace Corps in Gabon, West Africa. Her decision to return to work, as an African-American woman, after six years of raising kids was applauded by a Princeton alumni publication in 1998

George Schindler, the president for U.S. and Canada of the Canadian-based CGI Group, CGI Federal’s parent company, became an Obama 2012 campaign donor after his company gained the Obamacare website contract.

As reported by the Washington Examiner in early October, the Department of Health and Human Services reviewed only CGI’s bid for the Obamacare account. CGI was one of 16 companies qualified under the Bush administration to provide certain tech services to the federal government. A senior vice president for the company testified this week before The House Committee on Energy and Commerce that four companies submitted bids, but did not name those companies or explain why only CGI’s bid was considered.

On the government end, construction of the disastrous Healthcare.gov website was overseen by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), a division of longtime failed website-builder Kathleen Sebelius’ Department of Health and Human Services.

Update: The Daily Caller repeatedly contacted CGI Federal for comment. After publication of this article, the company responded that there would be “nothing coming out of CGI for the record or otherwise today.” The company did however insist that The Daily Caller include a reference to vice president Cheryl Campbell’s House testimony. This has been included as a courtesy to the company.

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Replies (31-40):
Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I thought I had missed something aka deletion. Meh 

I know military time just fyi.

It was still awesome.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Yeah, that "order" to reread the article and look up the phrase "no bid contract" is a harsh one, indeed.

And "zero nine hundred hours" means 9 am.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

LMAO! Awesome

Quoting autodidact:

I'm "superior" because I don't take orders from Sally? 

Quoting JustCJ:

well aren't you just a ball of sunshine? It must be so lonely up there all superior to everyone else...in your mind anyway.

Quoting autodidact:

I doubted you would be able to make a case. 

report to you? hardly. I slept right though your fucking "orders", get over yourself. 

Quoting SallyMJ:

Reread the article, and look up the phrase "no-bid contract."

And then report tomorrow at zero nine hundred hours.

Quoting autodidact:

and? so they both graduated in the same year in a class that was likely over a thousand people. doesn't mean or prove a thing.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

And your awesome response to my awesome challenge is?

What is the whole point of the article? What would you have said if this article had said the college classmates of Laura Bush had won the no-bid, multimillion dollar contract from the Bush administration federal government that had crashed an important, expensive entitlement program?

(That means turn on the off button on your "bipartisan" rage.)

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

It was still awesome.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Yeah, that "order" to reread the article and look up the phrase "no bid contract" is a harsh one, indeed.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

LMAO! Awesome

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting JustCJ:

well aren't you just a ball of sunshine? It must be so lonely up there all superior to everyone else...in your mind anyway.

Quoting autodidact:

report to you? hardly. I slept right though your fucking "orders", get over yourself. 

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting autodidact:

and? so they both graduated in the same year in a class that was likely over a thousand people. doesn't mean or prove a thing.

autodidact
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

The article failed to prove you point. the post you made subsequently made a much better case. 

I know 24 hour, military time, and no-bid contract without needing your explanation. and as I said, I slept right through. 

I won't follow ANY "orders" from you, petty, harsh, or otherwise. GTFO yourself. 

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

LMAO! Awesome

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting autodidact:

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I would have said "no surprise". It's the way things work.

Quoting SallyMJ:

What is the whole point of the article? What would you have said if this article had said the college classmates of Laura Bush had won the no-bid, multimillion dollar contract from the Bush administration federal government that had crashed an important, expensive entitlement program?

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

It was still awesome.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

LMAO! Awesome

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting autodidact:

Friday
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

It was still awesome.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

LMAO! Awesome

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting autodidact:

It did happen under Bush but the right was oddly silent or made up excuses. Now that it's a Dem in the WH, it's a problem. I've bitched about both.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

So do you agree with the author's theory as to why liberals hate FNC so much?

Quoting Friday:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

It was still awesome.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

LMAO! Awesome

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting autodidact:

It did happen under Bush but the right was oddly silent or made up excuses. Now that it's a Dem in the WH, it's a problem. I've bitched about both.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:47 PM

So what does that mean? Do you agree with his theory?

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

I would have said "no surprise". It's the way things work.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

It was still awesome.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

LMAO! Awesome

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting autodidact:

Friday
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Quoting SallyMJ:

So do you agree with the author's theory as to why liberals hate FNC so much?

Quoting Friday:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

It was still awesome.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

LMAO! Awesome

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting autodidact:

I can only speak for myself and won't speculate on the frame of mind or reasoning of all Liberals. Or Conservatives for that matter.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

JustCJ
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

dance monkeys 

fliptopz4
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Quoting rocketracer:

"George Schindler, the president for U.S. and Canada of the Canadian-based CGI Group, CGI Federal’s parent company, became an Obama 2012 campaign donor after his company gained the Obamacare website contract."

...Money out. Money back into Obama's campaign. I said the same thing about the all the money given to all those "green energy jobs"....

Quoting grandmab125:

This doesn't surprise me at all.  In fact in another post today, I commented that the owners of the IT company have probably been funneling money into Dem coffers for years.....especially Obama's election campaigns.

Does anybody else think it odd that the USA paid a CANADIAN company 600 million dollars for this? Did all the Americian companies quit building web sites?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)