Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

We Need a Grassroots Army to Dismantle Obamacare: Ted Cruz Fires up His Audience in Iowa

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Eds
  • 25 Replies
2 moms liked this

We Need a Grassroots Army to Dismantle Obamacare: Ted Cruz Fires up His Audience in Iowa

Texas Senator Ted Cruz told a crowd in Iowa Saturday that grassroots conservatives need to band together if they want a shot at dismantling the Affordable Care Act, President Obama’s massive health care law.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) speaks to reporters after walking off the Senate floor, September 25, 2013 in Washington, DC (Getty Images)

“I seem to recall two weeks ago when every newspaper, every political TV station was saying that it is impossible for the president to delay any part of Obamacare. You guys are nuts,” the Republican Senator told an audience at a Defenders of Freedom event in Le Mars, Iowa.

“This week, the president and the Democrats are saying ‘holy cow, this thing is really not working,’” he added.

Cruz said he’s trying to build a grassroots “army” to help him defeat and eventually uproot the health care law, adding that he has even set up a website, “MakeDCListen.org,” for people to discuss how Obamacare is hurting them.

“Telling people’s stories about how Obamacare is hurting real people, right now. That’s how we’re going to do this,” he said, referring to continued attempts to chip away at the law.

The freshman senator also touched on Congress’ failure to address the U.S.’ sluggish economy.

“[W]e have spent virtually zero time even talking about jobs and economic growth,” he said, “it simply isn’t a priority in Harry Reid’s U.S. Senate.”

Cruz added that the “single biggest lie in politics” is the idea that Republicans somehow represent the party of the rich and the well-connected.

You can watch some of his best comments here:

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gludwig2000
by Gina on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, but I can't believe that he is blaming the fact that jobs are not in the discussion on Reid. Nobody, notoneof our elected officials, have wanted to tackle the problem of jobs and the poor economy, and instead prefer to focus our attention on other things, such as ACA. Don't get me wrong, the ACA needs a lot of work, and will hurt some people, myself probably being one of them, but that is the issue that they all wanted to fight over, that and women's rights, instead of taking care of business. JMHO

PamR
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:05 PM

And the 2016 presidential race is on!

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:07 PM
4 moms liked this
Quoting gludwig2000:

I'm sorry, but I can't believe that he is blaming the fact that jobs are not in the discussion on Reid. Nobody, notoneof our elected officials, have wanted to tackle the problem of jobs and the poor economy, and instead prefer to focus our attention on other things, such as ACA. Don't get me wrong, the ACA needs a lot of work, and will hurt some people, myself probably being one of them, but that is the issue that they all wanted to fight over, that and women's rights, instead of taking care of business. JMHO

I do not understand why you continue to promote this lie.

The House passed numerous Jobs Bills that Reid tabled, I have educated you on this before.

joyfree
by Kat on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

sidesplittinglaughterSure you did...

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting gludwig2000:

The House passed numerous Jobs Bills that Reid tabled, I have educated you on this before.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Quoting joyfree:

Quoting Billiejeens:
Quoting gludwig2000:

You know the biggest difference between her and you, is that if she would open her mind up a little, she could be educated.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:05 PM
2 moms liked this
You have not educated me on anything, merely provided your pov of which I rarely agree.
Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting gludwig2000:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:49 PM

BUMP!

joyfree
by Kat on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting joyfree:

Quoting Billiejeens:
Quoting gludwig2000:

You know the biggest difference between her and you, is that if she would open her mind up a little, she could be educated.

So saith the English 101 dropout! You slay me, BJ!

rolling on floor

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Quoting joyfree:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting joyfree:

Quoting Billiejeens:
Quoting gludwig2000:

So saith the English 101 dropout! You slay me, BJ!

rolling on floor

If you weren't such an easy foil - I might consider that.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:26 AM
4 moms liked this

It isn't exactly a point of view.  The house has passed numerous bills that Reid shelved.  Fact.  At least 15 with bipartisan support.

Quoting gludwig2000:

You have not educated me on anything, merely provided your pov of which I rarely agree.
Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting gludwig2000:

Minnow Slayer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN