Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welfare Leeches

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:22 AM
  • 24 Replies
For every person who legitimately NEEDS government assistance to supplement their income there's many more who, like this LEECH, are milking the taxpayer. 

This trash should be PERMANENTLY fixed to prevent further pollution of the gene pool, and her children taken from her. -MD
For every person who legitimately NEEDS government assistance to supplement their income there's many more who, like this LEECH, are milking the taxpayer. This trash should be PERMANENTLY fixed to prevent further pollution of the gene pool, and her children taken from her. -MD
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

It's sad..really it's sad.. government  (imo) is not trying  (imo) to instill a  "welfare is just a stepping stone".. Where are the jobs..where are the "examples" of hard working people in this woman's life..what went wrong? It hurts the people who NEED welfare  because they can't find jobs or have been layed off or in a bind.. Anyone that says they are on welfare..people look down on them..for this (above poster) very reason.  AND tax payers..they are truly the worker bees for this crap.

kcangel63
by Amanda on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I would like to see the source that shows more people are 'leeching' off government assistance than need it.

People shouldn't get it if they truly don't need it. However, saying for every ONE that needs it, there are MANY MORE milking the taxpayer sounds like an exaggeration.
gsprofval
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I see and hear this same mentality every day. Some even go to school just to get the loans and then as one student said: I'm going to have a great Christmas once my financial aid comes in.  Andshe is pregnant with another kid and doesn't believe in birth control.

What the heck? We work to pay for the great Christmas for these leeches and can barely even HAVE a Christmas ourselves.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting gsprofval:

I see and hear this same mentality every day. Some even go to school just to get the loans and then as one student said: I'm going to have a great Christmas once my financial aid comes in.  Andshe is pregnant with another kid and doesn't believe in birth control.

What the heck? We work to pay for the great Christmas for these leeches and can barely even HAVE a Christmas ourselves.

It doesn't help either when we have a president who has put "job" support on the back burner..if it's EVEN on the stove anymore..smh

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this

THESE ARE THE ONES THAT I SEE WHEN I RETURN TO THE STATES for vacation.  Everytime.  Finally, someone has posted the nonsense that many keep turning a blind eye to.....

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM
3 moms liked this

We're at the tipping point. According to the census there are now more people receiving welfare, means-tested so some are working, than there are full time workers in the US. I believe it's 108,000,000 receiving welfare to 90,000,000 full time workers. 

I'll see if I can find the article.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

A new report from the Census Bureau showed a total of 108,592,000 people were on some sort of means-tested government benefits program in the fourth quarter of 2011, yet only 101,716,000 people were employed full-time for the entire year.

A individual counted as a beneficiary of a means-tested program if they resided in a household where someone received benefits.

Means-tested benefits programs are the second-largest category of government spending. The government spends more on these programs than public education and defense spending. From a Heritage Foundation report:

The 69 means-tested programs operated by the federal government provide a wide variety of benefits. They include:

12 programs providing food aid;

10 housing assistance programs;

10 programs funding social services;

9 educational assistance programs;

8 programs providing cash assistance;

8 vocational training programs;

7 medical assistance programs;

3 energy and utility assistance programs; and,

2 child care and child development programs.

Programs such as Social Security, unemployment insurance, workers compensation, and veterans benefits are not considered to be "means tested," so recipients of those benefits are not included in the 108,592,000 figure.

Clearly, this is a huge problem. A country cannot survive if its citizens are not willing or able to work. In 35 states welfare pays better than an actual job. This is what we call an "incentive"--and the U.S. is incentivizing people to not work. Why would a person actually get a job if they could be paid more to stay home? InPennsylvania, a single women with children working a job that pays $29,000 a year actually receives $57,345 in total income when benefits are factored in. Conversely, if the woman were to work a job that paid $69,000 a year, her net pay after taxes is only $57,045.

If the woman were to make more than her $29,000 salary, she would miss out in nearly $30,000 in government benefits. Short of winning the lottery or developing some sort of hot product, a person's income is not going to increase rapidly from $29,000 to $69,000. This is referred to as the "welfare cliff." There is no incentive for the woman to better her life and stop receiving welfare.

This is a major problem with how means-tested benefits are distributed in the United States, yet nobody is actually doing anything about it. The amount of people on SNAP (food stamps) has nearly doubled since 2006, despite the economic recovery. This is not good.

Disability claims are also at record highs. Even 60 Minutes thought those numbers were suspicious and did an investigation about it. The system is being gamed.

If American welfare recipients were counted as a country, they would be the 12th largest in the world.

This is not change we can believe in.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2013/10/25/great-more-americans-on-welfare-than-working-full-time-n1731984

idunno1234
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Sad and yes maddening that she can't see possibilities beyond the miserable life she leads and now her kids are subjected to, bound to repeat.

What's sadder and even more maddening is what the Bernie Madoff's of the world...just one man, cost his investors.  Or the Goldman Sachs dudes and man, just look up the list of top ten corporate scandals...and those are the ones who were caught.  What does taxpayer fraud cost us?  Or the Mortage Interest Deduction, geared towards the wealthier among us, cost us every year (one of the costliest items in the tax code- anywhere from 70 -100 billion dollars in 2014)?   How about Medicaid and Medicare fraud, estimated to cost into the billions?  The cost of investigation and recovery alone is something like a quarter billion dollars a year.

Do you get it now?  Bottom feeders can't compete in many ways, one of them being how much a woman like this cost versus the Bernie Madoffs and Jack Abramoff's of this country- think of all the ones who have never been caught and the cost of prosecuting those who have.

So why the insistence on dwelling on those who are merely pathetic versus those who are greedy assholes who's repugant actions led and continue to lead to lives being destroyed?

Ziva65
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM

It's definitely a problem. I do agree with the last statement about permanently fixing them. That said, it's a slippery slope. 

autodidact
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

so what are the names of the FOUR welfare leeches who pay nothing for the children they created? 

what is the source of above info, anyway? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)