Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Call It ‘Art’: Student Plans to Experience Gay Sex for First Time in Front of Live Audience

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Eds
  • 14 Replies

Call It ‘Art’: Student Plans to Experience Gay Sex for First Time in Front of Live Audience

[Author’s note: This article contains mature themes that may be offensive to some readers. Proceed with caution]:

A 19-year-old art student announced recently a project that will see him experiencing gay sex for the first time in front of a live audience.

And he says he’s doing it all in the name of “art.”

Clayton Pettet hopes his performance project, titled “Art School Stole My Virginity,” will challenge people to reexamine the way they look at human sexuality.

Call it Art: Student Plans to Experience Gay Sex for First Time in Front of Live Audience

Clayton Pettet (image source: SWNS.com)

“The deflowering is set to take place before an audience of between 50 and 100 in a space in Hackney, London,” the Huffington Post reported.

Pettet and a volunteer plan to do their business in front of a live audience and will hold a Q&A at the close of their performance.

Unsurprisingly, Pettet’s project has raised a few eyebrows. Some have even accused the Central Saint Martins art school in London student of “cheapening” sex.

“I’m not quite sure how that’s art. My view is that we believe that all sexuality is a gift from God,” said Rev. Sharon Ferguson, a spokeswoman for the Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement. “It’s about what you do with it and how we use it is an expression of our love for God. For my imagining in sex as an art form, I don’t think this falls into that category.”

“My issue is around is this the right expression of someone’s bodily sexuality? As an art project in front of an audience, where is the love, respect and mutuality in that?” she said. “Stunts like this cheapens our own sexual relationships.”

Ads by Coupon Companion Plugin. More Info | Hide These Ads

But Pettet defends his project.

“The key thing about performance art is that it should only be performed once, and this is the ultimate once-in-a-lifetime performance,” said Pettet, who has been planning the performance for roughly three years. “I’ve held on to my virginity for 19 years, and I’m not throwing it away lightly. Basically it’s like I am losing the stigma around virginity. I want the audience to see if anything has changed between me and my partner.”

“Since culturally we do hold quite a lot of value to the idea of virginity I have decided to use mine and the loss of it to create a piece that I think will stimulate interesting debate and questions regarding the subject,” he said.

The student has yet to tell his parents about the project, according to the Huffington Post.

The project is scheduled for Jan. 25, 2014.

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I wonder if his parents are paying for his education..

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM
2 moms liked this

This is the sickest thing I've ever heard. And no doubt, the dems will be all for it, in the name of "art" or free speech or some crap.

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I think this will be more interesting if he details how his relationship is now, how it is shortly after losing his virginity and the impact of the sexual relationship later in his life.  

Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you imagine the creepers in the audience?

Awakened1
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:18 PM

If he doesn't like getting poked, is he just going to carry on for the sake of 'art'?

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM

why does it matter to you what he does?  You won't be watching it so why does it matter?

Quoting Kathy489:

This is the sickest thing I've ever heard. And no doubt, the dems will be all for it, in the name of "art" or free speech or some crap.

paigea
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Can't imagine who would want to be in the audience.

Its.me.Sam.
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM

you do realize that sex between gay men is not just anal sex right.
straight people have such a weird thing with gay men and anal sex. lol.  many gay men dont have anal sex.  they mutually maturbate and have oral sex.  they may engage in prostate play but not actually have anal sex often or even at all.
just putting some info out there.

Quoting Awakened1:

If he doesn't like getting poked, is he just going to carry on for the sake of 'art'?

Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Lol, creepers ;0)

Quoting paigea:

Can't imagine who would want to be in the audience.

Awakened1
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I do realise that, but I'm saying if it does go that far, what if he ends up not liking. Or feels uncomfortable about anything they do in front of the audience, will he continue anyway? Think about how many people romaniticise losing their virginity, then add to that putting himself under the pressure/scrutiny of a live audience. What if he gets cold feet, then what? 

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

you do realize that sex between gay men is not just anal sex right.
straight people have such a weird thing with gay men and anal sex. lol.  many gay men dont have anal sex.  they mutually maturbate and have oral sex.  they may engage in prostate play but not actually have anal sex often or even at all.
just putting some info out there.

Quoting Awakened1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN