Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NJ Governor Screams at Teacher: ‘Do Your Job!’

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM
  • 13 Replies

NJ Governor Screams at Teacher: ‘Do Your Job!’

The New Jersey teacher in the photo below had just asked Chris Christie the following question:

Why do you continue to spread the myth that our schools and teachers are failing?

His reply? “You people! Just do your job!”

nj yellingWhat does he mean by “you people?”

UPDATE: Make sure you listen to The Chalk Face interview the teacher who Christie yelled at — November 3, at 6:00 pm ET.  Click here!

It’s been a full day for bullying educators.  Want more?

Oklahoma’s teachers are being threatened with school funding loss if they don’t shut up about the state’s invalid and ridiculous school grading system.

A New York educator is being threatened with disciplinary action after speaking out against APPR and Common Core.

A teacher in Alabama is also laying low after expressing her opinion and being told to quiet down and stop talking about education issues.

Our freedom to speak to those in power is being quickly taken from us.  If teachers–those who spend every day in classrooms with kids they love–can’t speak truth to power about the horrendous failures we’re seeing, then who will speak for the kids?

Contempt is in full bloom.  These people are trying their best to demonize, silence, and get rid of good teachers.

Parents.  We need parents.

Go to http://unitedoptout.com right now.  Boycott their tests and their stupid evaluation systems.

New Mexicans, you are my people.  I’ll see you at http://nmrefuse.weebly.com

We’re done playing games and being symbolic.  Time to take action.  The only thing that works with these people is to refuse to take part in the messes they’ve created.  REFUSE THE TESTS!

http://atthechalkface.com/2013/11/02/nj-governor-screams-at-teacher-do-your-job/

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Sorry to see this. I kind of like Gov. Christie but his hot temper certainly will doom his chances if he runs for president. Don't want a hot head's finger on the nuke trigger.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Christie's response is exactly the right answer.

colins_mom
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM
my cousin lives in NJ,.the.teachers are.teaching and kids are learning and are above grade level BUT to keep from giving funds the standardized tests they are giving to third graders covers whats common core for 9th grade. they want the kids to fail.

Quoting SallyMJ:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM

What? They're giving 3rd graders a 9th grade test? Why would teachers want to do that?

Quoting colins_mom:

my cousin lives in NJ,.the.teachers are.teaching and kids are learning and are above grade level BUT to keep from giving funds the standardized tests they are giving to third graders covers whats common core for 9th grade. they want the kids to fail.

Quoting SallyMJ:

colins_mom
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:46 PM
they dont. the teachers hate it. my cousins sons teacher.told parents to keep kids home on test day (I want to point out that it is ONLY the state standard tests, like the MEAP in MI)not the test the teachers give normally.

Quoting SallyMJ:

What? They're giving 3rd graders a 9th grade test? Why would teachers want to do that?

Quoting colins_mom:

Quoting SallyMJ:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that's an urban legend.

I used to teach second grade.

There is no way teachers would give a high school test to primary school children.

Quoting colins_mom:

they dont. the teachers hate it. my cousins sons teacher.told parents to keep kids home on test day (I want to point out that it is ONLY the state standard tests, like the MEAP in MI)not the test the teachers give normally.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting colins_mom:

Quoting SallyMJ:

colins_mom
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM
believe what you will. the state does it to be able to cut funding based on the failure rate. the teachers have no choice but to give the test.

Quoting SallyMJ:

There is no way teachers would give a high school test to primary school children.

Quoting colins_mom:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting colins_mom:

Quoting SallyMJ:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Sources?

Quoting colins_mom:

believe what you will. the state does it to be able to cut funding based on the failure rate. the teachers have no choice but to give the test.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting colins_mom:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting colins_mom:

Quoting SallyMJ:

colins_mom
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM
http://www.northjersey.com/franklinlakes/New_Jersey_parents_join_boycott_of_state_standardized_tests.html?mobile=1&ic=1

add this to the school newsletters that my cousin has shown me

Quoting SallyMJ:

Sources?

Quoting colins_mom:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting colins_mom:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting colins_mom:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Billiejeens
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Is the ignore nonsense feature not working for some?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)