Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Joke of the Day

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:41 PM
  • 97 Replies
5 moms liked this

Today's Joke - Tue, 05 Nov 2013

Barack Obama is visiting a school. In one class, he asks the students if anyone can give him an example of a "tragedy". One little boy stands up and offers "If my best friend who lives next door was playing in the street when a car came along and killed him, that would be a tragedy." "No," Obama says, "That would be an ACCIDENT." A girl raises her hand. "If a school bus carrying fifty children drove off a cliff, killing everyone involved... that would be a tragedy." "I'm afraid not," explains Obama. "That is what we would call a GREAT LOSS." The room is silent; none of the other children volunteer. "What?" asks Obama, "Isn't there any one here who can give me an example of a tragedy?" Finally, a boy in the back raises his hand. In a timid voice, he says: "If an airplane carrying the Obama family were blown up by a bomb, THAT would be tragedy." "Wonderful!" Obama beams. "Marvelous! And can you tell me WHY that would be a tragedy?" "Well," says the boy, "because it couldn't be an accident, and it certainly would be no great loss!"

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Disgusting
PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Anyone who finds death as funny needs their head examined.  This isn't at all funny.bad

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM
3 moms liked this

You've done it now Billie.. I went back to bed for a while..I had a late night and got up too early..came back wondering if I would even still be on here for (gasp) mentioning people should stand up for injustices by this administration. I personally don't wish death on the president (and good start up to talk about this by the way..you got everyone's attention)..but I am HONESTLY sick and tired of watching the president, his cronies, and the media get away with all of this..and that (imo)  is DISGUSTING...NOT FUNNY, and Americans NEED their head examined for just assuming someone is going to save the day for them.  I don't even trust the conservatives in office anymore..they either start off good, but back off..or go rhino.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Not an Obama supporter at all but I wouldn't joke about his death.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I didn't write it.

It is the "Joke of the day" - tell them.

Quoting 4kidz916:

Not an Obama supporter at all but I wouldn't joke about his death.

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM
4 moms liked this

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Ole Lordy

I do declare

I got the vapors!

Quoting lylalane7275:

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Find this one funny?

Bush's Tragedy

One day, President Bush visited an elementary school. All the kids were so excited to get to meet the President. He began to talk to them and asked them to define the word ''tragedy.''

"Well," one girl replied, "If my mommy ran over my dog, Rover, that would be a tragedy!"

The President smiled at the little girl and said, "No, sweetie. That would be an accident! Can anyone give it a try?"

A little boy sitting across the room raised his hand and said, "I know! I know! If our bus driver ran off of a cliff and killed everyone!"

The President shook his head and said, "No son. That would be a great loss! Doesn't anyone know of a good example of a tragedy?"

A small girl raised her hand and said, "Well, Mr. President, if you and Laura were in Air Force One and it was hit by a missile and blown to smithereens, most people would think that that was a tragedy!"

"Very good," he said. "And what was your reason for that answer?"

"Well," she said, "It would not be an accident and it sure would not be a great loss!"

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

It's fine (he is a Progressive)

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Find this one funny?

Bush's Tragedy

One day, President Bush visited an elementary school. All the kids were so excited to get to meet the President. He began to talk to them and asked them to define the word ''tragedy.''

"Well," one girl replied, "If my mommy ran over my dog, Rover, that would be a tragedy!"

The President smiled at the little girl and said, "No, sweetie. That would be an accident! Can anyone give it a try?"

A little boy sitting across the room raised his hand and said, "I know! I know! If our bus driver ran off of a cliff and killed everyone!"

The President shook his head and said, "No son. That would be a great loss! Doesn't anyone know of a good example of a tragedy?"

A small girl raised her hand and said, "Well, Mr. President, if you and Laura were in Air Force One and it was hit by a missile and blown to smithereens, most people would think that that was a tragedy!"

"Very good," he said. "And what was your reason for that answer?"

"Well," she said, "It would not be an accident and it sure would not be a great loss!"

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Skip to comments.

John Kerry jokes about killing George Bush [in case you missed it]
YouTube --> Hannity Colmes --> Bill Maher ^ | 2006 ?? | John Kerry on Bill Maher show

Posted on Monday, February 25, 2013 1:45:08 PM by mbarker12474

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HoaC3iRx44

http://newsbusters.org/node/8175

Maher: You could have went to New Hampshire and killed two birds with one stone.

Kerry: Or, I could have gone to 1600 Pennsylvania and killed the real bird with one stone.

(Excerpt) Read more at youtube.com ...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN