Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Debbie Wasserman Schultz: ‘Nothing’ Obama Said About Affordable Care Act ‘Was Not True’

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Eds
  • 26 Replies

Debbie Wasserman Schultz: ‘Nothing’ Obama Said About Affordable Care Act ‘Was Not True’

Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wassermann Schultz said Tuesday that “nothing” President Barack Obama said about the Affordable Care Act “was not true.”

“There was nothing about what President Obama or that I or any other Democrat supporting the Affordable Care Act said that was not true,” the Florida congresswoman said on MSNBC.

Watch video of Wasserman Schultz’s claim:

Critics of Obamacare have said that the president’s repeated “if you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan” pledge is proving untrue and thus that he broke his promise. On Saturday, the Associated Press reported that at least 3.5 million Americans will lose their current health plans because of the president’s landmark health care law.

The comments come just two days after The New York Times published an editorial saying Obama only “misspoke” when making the promise and dismissed criticism as an “overblown controversy.”

Nonetheless, the president appeared to shift his language Monday evening in a speech, claiming “what we said was” you can keep your health plan “if it hasn’t changed since the law’s passed.”

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rocketracer
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

she is just another dolt.

erika9009
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh no,.................

I thought they took the batteries out of her because she kept messing up the lies.

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting erika9009:

Oh no,.................

I thought they took the batteries out of her because she kept messing things up the lies.

laughing

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM
5 moms liked this

And nothing DWS ever said has turned out to contain the truth.

Just lies from your friendly, neighborhood, truth-challenged, certifiably dumb-as-a-brick Florida representative with naturally curly hair, who says the phrase "want to make sure" at least once in every statement she gives.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting rocketracer:

she is just another dolt.

Barack & Debbie....birds of a feather

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM
4 moms liked this

quote>

saying Obama only “misspoke”

I'm so tired of hearing this { misspoke }. Barack Obama LIED! 

29again
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM
3 moms liked this

slapping forehead

Bless her little heart..............

JustCJ
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Bet she doesn't shave her pits.

Quoting SallyMJ:

And nothing DWS ever said has turned out to contain the truth.

Just lies from your friendly, neighborhood, truth-challenged, certifiably dumb-as-a-brick Florida representative with naturally curly hair, who says the phrase "want to make sure" at least once in every statement she gives.

susan115
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Was that considered double talk or just smoking alittle to much weed.  Maybe, she needs another breast job.

Friday
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Saw her on Bill Maher last week. She annoyed the hell out of me. Couldn't answer a yes or no question, she had to dance and spin around it, talking too much to say nothing.

Meh. She's the head of the DNC so I wouldn't really expect her to say anything negative about her party or the president.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)