Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Huge Movie Star Shows He Couldn’t Care Less What Hollywood Thinks in Revealing Chat on ‘Constitution and the Principles of Liberty’

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:34 AM
Eds
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this

Huge Movie Star Shows He Couldn’t Care Less What Hollywood Thinks in Revealing Chat on ‘Constitution and the Principles of Liberty’

Ask actor Vince Vaughn about his political views and he’ll proudly tell you he’s conservative – and he doesn’t really care what Hollywood thinks.

In a telephone interview with Adam Carola, Hollywood A-lister Vince Vaughn made a strong declaration about his conservative principles. When Carolla asked him very directly, “Do you count yourself a conservative?” Vaughn did not hesitate or stammer, he merely replied, “I do, yeah…I mean I’m very supportive of Ron Paul, but I’ve always been more conservative than not.”

Vince Vaughn Self Identifies as a Conservative in Interview With Adam Carolla

Actor Vince Vaughn arrives on the red carpet at the world premiere of the feature film “Delivery Man” at The El Capitan Theatre on Sunday, Nov. 3, 2013 in Los Angeles. (Photo by Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP) Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP

During the three minute interview Carolla tried to see if Vaughn’s conservatism was a product of a conservative upbringing. Vaughn talked about growing up in Chicago, with a father who came from a working class family that leaned more democratic.

However, the actor also stated, “As a guy that worked very hard, and sort of put himself through school and stuff, he was more conservative, for sure.”

Carolla claimed that he was not conservative, but he “has been made conservative by the direction the country’s been going.”

When Vaughn was asked if his conservatism runs along the lines of fiscal issues, social issues or both, he mentioned Ron Paul, the Constitution, and a lack of trust in government.

“I really like Ron Paul…I think that when you get older, you just get less trust in the government running anything. And you start to realize…when you go back and start to look at the Constitution and the principles of liberty, the real purpose of government is to protect the individual’s right to, you know, sort of think and pursue what they have interest in,” Vaughn replied.

Ads by Coupon Companion Plugin. More Info | Hide These Ads

The “Wedding Crashers” star also addressed the Hollywood bias against conservatives in the industry, but also maintained, “I can disagree with people but not have it be the forefront of all conversations.”

Vaughn has also teamed up with TheBlaze TV to put out “Pursuit of the Truth,” a reality show searching for the next great documentary filmmaker. Vaughn’s Wild West Productions partnered with Go Go Luckey Entertainment and Glenn Beck’s media company to make the show a reality. You can watch past episodes of “Pursuit of the Truth,” here.

Listen to audio from the excerpt from the Adam Carolla Podcast  (caution, the clip contains some strong language).

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:08 AM
3 moms liked this

Interesting. Refreshing to learn that not all of Hollywood are Obamabots.

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Another reality show? UGH.
It is good to see him not shrink into the background, but be willing to say he is conservative and discuss what he believes without fear of repercussions to his career. But would he have said the same before he became an A-Lister..... I wonder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
denise3680
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Interesting. Refreshing to learn that not all of Hollywood are Obamabots.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? 

denise3680
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I love Vince Vaughn, and really could care a less what his political affiliation is.  Hollywood are full of enterainers, andthat is all they mean to me.  Make a movie or a great show, that is all I care about:/  He has ever right to believe what he wants. 

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM
2 moms liked this

OK.  Who cares?  He is a movie star.  This is the same if George Clooney came on and gave his views on being a Liberal.  All he is there for is to promote his reality show and make money.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM
2 moms liked this

But I don't think people asked them as much back then.

And as everyone knows, most conservatives and libertarians don't feel safe enough telling their politics until their careers are well developed. Since libs throughout the business say openly that they would not knowingly hire people they knew to be conservatives.

Being the "fair-minded", "tolerant" individuals they are.

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Another reality show? UGH.
It is good to see him not shrink into the background, but be willing to say he is conservative and discuss what he believes without fear of repercussions to his career. But would he have said the same before he became an A-Lister..... I wonder.

PamR
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure why we care so much what actors think politically, whatever their affiliation is.  Being famous doesn't make them experts on anything.

JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Interesting

JanuaryBaby06
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I am not a Vince Vauhn fan though. He has never been in a movie I liked. Something about him is a turn-off for me. I also, personally, wouldnt consider him to be an A-lister..... to each their own though. IMO A-listers are more like tom cruise, brad pit, angelina jovalie, jack nichalson, maurell streep....

For I wish him luck on his new reality show.... hope it works out for him :D

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Clint Eastwood rocks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)