Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Do you feel better knowing the president admits the problems with Obamacare?

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:23 AM
  • 24 Replies

President Obama Admits Obamacare 'Fumble' But He's Got a Plan

by Jeanne Sager

President Barack ObamaThink the roll-out of Obamacare was a disaster? You might be surprised to find out who agrees with you. President Barack Obama himself. The president came out today in a White House press corps briefing to admit his administration "fumbled" the Affordable Care Act roll-out.

It was as close to an apology as you can get, and it's about time! 

But don't expect to see Obamacare disappear, y'all. Obama may have admitted today that he needs to "win back some credibility" from the American people, but he'd rather fix it than kick it aside.

One of the big fixes?

Obama had promised Americans they could keep health insurance plans if they were happy with them, but it turns out that only applied to plans in place before the ACA. Many plans bought since or modified since were being pulled by insurers.

The president announced the government will allow insurance companies to offer consumers plans that would otherwise be cancelled. Those plans will be grandfathered through 2014. Directing his words at folks who have received letters from insurers that said they'd be dropped because the Affordable Care Act changes their eligibility, the president said, "I hear you loud and clear."

But he was quick to suggest people turn to the government's health insurance marketplace just in case to see if they could find something better or cheaper.

Yes, that same marketplace that Obama himself said was a fumble.

It's getting better, he promised, noting that some 500,000 Americans do have health care because of it, including 106,000 people who successfully navigated the site to find health care and another 396,000 who have been able to get Medicaid coverage.

"We're going to solve the problems that are there. We're going to get it right. The Affordable Care Act is going to work," he said.

The question -- for most Americans -- is when.

Do you feel better knowing the president admits the problems with Obamacare? How long are you willing to wait for the White House to get it right?

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:30 AM
7 moms liked this

The actual question is :

Do I feel better knowing that our Constitutional law expert - President  - doesn't seem to have the first single clue how laws are made or changed, or how these dictatorial changes now will further threaten the system and the Business that will have to make further changes on the fly?

I will go with...........

No.

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:31 AM
4 moms liked this

First of all this is a TAX.  Let's just stop the lies from the beginning. 

Second, last week the Demos said that 'it can't be turned back but yesterday Obama now says it can.  So what is it?  When the Repubs says it needs to be turn back it is not ok but when a few demo #$$ says it now can be turned back, it can?

If Obama would have came out and told the truth for once then MAYBE I would feel better.  "We" knew this was a messed up plan from the get go.  So maybe you should ask yourself.....'do you feel better knowing the Obama is not the Messiah that you all make him out to be and that 'he too' is only a human that has hairbrain ideas?'

CABZS
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:32 AM
6 moms liked this

Heck no!

I would feel a lot better if him & Biden were OUT of office!

I am not even sure how this man is still in office, heck I'm not even sure how people still follow & believe in him.

hhhanna
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:10 AM
4 moms liked this

Do I feel better?  No, it was and continues to be a pathetic law.  It was not well thought out, it was/has not been well implemented, basically it is like Obama himself, an abysmal failure.  It is another 'choice' that he attempted to take out of the hands of the 'children' because he thinks he knows it all.  There were some good intentions behind the law, but it is so riddled with crap and nonsense. 

How long am I willing to wait for the White House to get it right?  Times up - get rid of the law and let me get on with my life.

SherryBerry106
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

How long are you willing to wait for the White House to get it right?

Getting it right would be the repeal of the AHCA.

What is his timeframe for that?

JustCJ
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:18 AM
3 moms liked this

I will NOT vote democrat in 2014. I will make sure no ONE, doesn't know what part the dems played in this bullshit.

JanuaryBaby06
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Yes I am happier that he is willing to admit his short comings. I'm pretty patientsince it really didnt effect me, if it effected me I'd probably feel differently.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM
3 moms liked this

That's like asking if someone feels better after finding out their husband paid a hit man to do away with them but the hit man fumbled..and their husband apologized.  The first thought would  probably be.."are you sorry that you did it or sorry that the hitman failed". Either way..I  (general I) wouldn't feel better cuz up the road..this could happen again...  And with Obama..things just "keep" happening..

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:43 AM
3 moms liked this

Unless you live in a complete vacuum or are independently wealthy it of course affect you - indirectly.

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Yes I am happier that he is willing to admit his short comings. I'm pretty patientsince it really didnt effect me, if it effected me I'd probably feel differently.

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

He didn't admit anything.  It was just more of his jumbled bs, in which he finds ways to actually not take the blame.

If you think you are safe because you get your insurance through your hubbies employer, think again.  When it gets close to the employer mandate kicking in, hundreds of millions of employees will be finding they, too, are out in the cold.  Companies will be dumping their insurance plans and forcing their employees into the individual policies via the exchanges.

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)