Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Michele Bachmann goes to the wrong site for Obamacare, complains it doesn’t work

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:54 PM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) appeared on CNN Thursday and voiced her concerns over her insurance coverage, because that’s a Republican thing to do right now. Bachman said she’s going to lose her insurance because of Obamacare. Of course, Bachmann did not mention how she lost her insurance but she’s running with that claim anyway. She is pissed off that Healthcare.gov is inoperable. She is mad. She is also going to the wrong site.

Bachmann

There are some great Bachmann quotes during her latest freak out, one of which is, “Are you kidding? I’m not going to waste an hour on that thing!”

She repeatedly referred to the Healthcare.gov website while screeching about her coverage, while not realizing that D.C. has its own marketplace website, which is having no problems at all.

Bob Cesca reports:

Here are all of the instances in which she criticized Healthcare.gov in the context of somehow being forced to use it (even though she won’t have to):

“Are you kidding? I’m not gonna waste an hour on that thing!”

“I’m waiting until they fix this thing. I’m not gonna sit there and frustrate myself for hours and hours.”

“We are forced to go on the website and purchase the health insurance plan from the D.C. health exchange.”

But the D.C. exchange has its own site!

“We’ll do it but there’s a few problems with this website. The president has acknowledged that.”

No there aren’t and no he hasn’t. Not the D.C. exchange site.

“I’m not gonna waste my time and frustration until they get this fixed.”

“I’m waiting ’til the thing gets fixed.”

But it’s not broken!

Here’s the D.C. exchange website, called the D.C. Health Link. And here’s the previously glitchy Healthcare.gov website. They’re two different sites! Different domains. Different servers. Not the same.

We have a page which our admin, or co-admin set up which lists the Health Insurance Marketplaces.

Remember that time you were shopping around for a house to buy and you noticed that a lightbulb was broken on the porch? Then after discussing it with the homeowner, you both destroyed the entire house!

Remember that time? It makes total sense.

Watch courtesy of Politico:

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Hopefully once she gets on the correct website....she can pick up some good mental health insurance too.

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Winning!

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Looming

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)