Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Look at all these racists....

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

Students at a historically black Maryland university spoke out this week against President Barack Obama’s signature health care law after the school announced it had cancelled a student insurance policy because of the Affordable Care Act’s regulations.

“It’s stupid and it’s Obama’s fault,” one Bowie State University student told website Campus Reform Thursday. “You haven’t done anything, Obama, and I’m disappointed in you.”

The historically black school had previously provided coverage to students for $50 per semester, but stopped and placed blame on Obamacare.

“I can’t afford anything right now,” one student said. “I can’t even afford my loans.”

“We don’t have that money,” another said. “We can barely afford books.”

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Quote:

Cassandra Robinson, director of University Relations & Marketing at Bowie State, said Campus Reform got the story all wrong, in an interview with The Christian Post on Friday. While she acknowledged that "the healthcare act makes the policies that we have been able to provide earlier no longer an option," Robinson claimed that the university had been considering more expensive plans before Obamacare came into effect.

Quote:

Robinson told CP that in the Spring of 2013, the university was "recommending that students have insurance policies that provide more adequate coverage," and were therefore more expensive. "We were already looking at those options" before Obamacare, she explained.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/historically-black-university-cancels-student-health-option-obamacare-to-blame-108897/
MMIC
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM
3 moms liked this

And what about this article is racist? Obama is seriously fucking shit up and even his race is dissapointed with him, that's not racist it just is what it is.  Just becuase you call someone black doesn't mean you are racist. 

-Celestial-
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

She was being facetious

Quoting MMIC:

And what about this article is racist? Obama is seriously fucking shit up and even his race is dissapointed with him, that's not racist it just is what it is.  Just becuase you call someone black doesn't mean you are racist. 

MMIC
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM

She's just a dumb blonde interviewing 

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM
3 moms liked this
...just not gettin' it, are ya?

Quoting MMIC:

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
She's dumb for asking questions?

Quoting MMIC:

She's just a dumb blonde interviewing 

MMIC
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm trying to figure out what exactly is racist about this. The post title is "look at these racist, correct? Instead of playing Coy just answer the damn question

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM
7 moms liked this

I guess you never got the memo that if you criticize Obama it's because you are a racist. Even Oprah just gave an interview the other day saying people don't like him because he's black. 

Really? I don't like what he's doing to this country, I don't care what he looks like or what color he is.

Quoting MMIC:

I'm trying to figure out what exactly is racist about this. The post title is "look at these racist, correct? Instead of playing Coy just answer the damn question

CassieMarie87
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I was just as confused as she was, but now I get the sarcasm. Fooled me.

Quoting DSamuels:

I guess you never got the memo that if you criticize Obama it's because you are a racist. Even Oprah just gave an interview the other day saying people don't like him because he's black. 

Really? I don't like what he's doing to this country, I don't care what he looks like or what color he is.

Quoting MMIC:

MMIC
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM
4 moms liked this

Gotcha.  These days you say cowboy and all of a sudden your a racist, I like rainbows means your gay,  Stop calling--you're blowing my phone up SHIT your a terrorist 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)