Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GOP Hypocrisy

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM

No, they wanted this for awhile. They played this gorgeously.

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course that is hen Bush was in office.  I don't think this is about the man who is in office it is about the party label that man has that is the issue.

Canvas_says
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't keep up with these things, which party was it that passed it after crying foul about it in 2005?

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:21 AM
3 moms liked this

More partisan crap from this op.  Here's what Obama said about the nuclear option when he was a senator in 2005:

The Hypocrisy Is Nuclear: Top Democrat Amnesia On The Nuclear Option

In 2005, Then-Sen. Barack Obama Called For His Colleagues Considering The Nuclear Option To Think About “Protecting Free And Democratic Debate.” SEN. BARACK OBAMA: “Mr. President, I rise today to urge my colleagues to think about the implications of what has been called the nuclear option and what effect that might have on this Chamber and on this country. I urge all of us to think not just about winning every debate but about protecting free and democratic debate.” (Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL), Floor Remarks, Washington, DC, 4/13/05) 

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

So, it's just fine with you that Obama now has the unchecked power to app't any and all judges, except the SC?  Well, it won't be long before he snatches up that power also.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Of course that is hen Bush was in office.  I don't think this is about the man who is in office it is about the party label that man has that is the issue.

Billiejeens
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Quoting grandmab125:

More partisan crap from this op.  Here's what Obama said about the nuclear option when he was a senator in 2005:

In 2005, Then-Sen. Barack Obama Called For His Colleagues Considering The Nuclear Option To Think About “Protecting Free And Democratic Debate.” SEN. BARACK OBAMA: “Mr. President, I rise today to urge my colleagues to think about the implications of what has been called the nuclear option and what effect that might have on this Chamber and on this country. I urge all of us to think not just about winning every debate but about protecting free and democratic debate.” (Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL), Floor Remarks, Washington, DC, 4/13/05) 

The OP should simply never be taken seriously.

codfish
by Jen on Nov. 24, 2013 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this
Obama said a lot of things as a senator that he now seems to forget.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting grandmab125:

sarahjz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:10 PM

TFS.

caustinb
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:13 PM
I generally attribute hypocrisy to one person at a time, not an entire party.
Debrowsky
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

that's because he speaks with a forked tongue

Quoting codfish:

Obama said a lot of things as a senator that he now seems to forget.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting grandmab125:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)