Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Wait till you get a LOAD of this. Complete LIES>

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 143 Replies

Seriously, Common Core?

Written by  

According to this, there's a nifty little book being taught to fourth graders at Buffview Elementary in Illinois that's all about Dear Leader.  And apparently, it's raising a few eyebrows.  It's called Barack Obama, it was written by Jane Sutcliffe, and - here's a shocker for you - it's new and totally compliant with the new Common Core Standards.

YAY!

This book isn't just biographical - it has some neat little stereotypes and generalizations and, well, FREAKING LIES, in it.  It says that "all white voters would have refused to vote for Obama because of his race. It continues to say that Obama made race a part of his campaign, and that is why he won."

But wait!  There's more!

"But some people said Americans weren't ready for that much change. Sure Barack was a nice fellow, they said. But white voters would never vote for a black president," the book claims. "Other angry voices were raised. Barack's former pastor called the country a failure. God would damn the United States for mistreating its black citizens, he said."

Students are going to be tested on material such as this:

And with Obama at the helm, we've made a "more perfect United States" now, huh kiddos?

Nothing like a little indoctrination in the morning.  Mmmmm.  Yummay.

by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LAHnTAH0812
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Wooooow
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM

WOW,  I sure as hell hope this isn't true.

JustCJ
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I looked it up. It's not mandatory reading for all schools but this school will be testing on it. I can't believe garbage like this is getting by...wait yes I can.

Quoting Carpy:

WOW,  I sure as hell hope this isn't true.

MMIC
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:56 PM
2 moms liked this

you have got to be shitting me.  

MMIC
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:58 PM
8 moms liked this

Obama phones, Obama care, Obama education what's next, us in fema camps forced to pray and worship obama God

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:01 PM
4 moms liked this

Give them time, they are working on that.

Quoting MMIC:

Obama phones, Obama care, Obama education what's next, us in fema camps forced to pray and worship obama God

MMIC
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:05 PM
3 moms liked this

I know :'(  Hold on, let me grab my obama tissues and cry about it

Quoting Carpy:

Give them time, they are working on that.

Quoting MMIC:

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw this a couple of days ago and I was hoping it wasn't true. 

29again
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I got an email from our liberty group.  A couple of the country school districts have politely informed the capitol that they will not be participating in CC.  There is said to be a survey to be sent to the voters in the big city district, asking about what kind of levy they (we) would prefer...  since the last 2 didn't pass, and the school just can't function with the paltry $30.5 million.  I am waiting to see what the district my son attends is going to do.  I just may have to open enroll in yet another district. 

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
This doesn't surprise me after all we have seen, but glad to see some Moms and Dads in IL taking against Common Core in November - here is a good piece from their point of view

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2013/11/dupo-fourth-graders-in-dupo-illinois-are-reading-a-biography-of-barack-obama-thats-raising-eyebrows-among-st-clair-county.html
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN