Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

‘And Wammmmmm’: Teens Randomly Target, Beat Up Senior Citizens

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Eds
  • 9 Replies

‘And Wammmmmm’: Teens Randomly Target, Beat Up Senior Citizens

A Fort Myers, Fla., teen was arrested this week for attacking senior citizens.

Traveshia Blanks is charged with two counts of battery in the seemingly random and senseless attacks, according to WBBH-TV.

One 72-year-old victim told the news station he was weeding his garden Tuesday when he was kicked from behind. The victim fell to the ground and said he saw a woman walking away laughing, joining a group of people.

“I was in shock. Who would expect anything from out of the blue to happen like that. There’s no reason had I done something or said something,” the victim told WBBH.

attack victim

An elderly man was kicked from behind while he was weeding his garden Tuesday. (Image source: WBBH-TV)

“I didn’t hear anything. There was nobody in the area at all. It was very quiet [when] all of a sudden I felt a blow to my hip and I was on the ground. I turned around to see what happened and there was a girl standing there laughing,” he said.

That same day another man was attacked. Harry Hurvitz told WBBH his doorbell rang Tuesday and he answered, seeing well-dressed teens outside.

“I stepped out to see what she was pointing to and there was another girl standing here and wammmmmm,” the 89-year-old man said.

attack victim_harry

Harry Hurvitz told the news station he doesn’t think teens realize the harm they could be causing to an older person. An attack might not just result in physical wounds, but could cause a heart attack or other ailment from shock. (Image source: WBBH-TV)

Again, the group laughed and fled.

Authorities identified the 15-year-old involved by footage taken of the attacks. Blanks, when apprehend, admitted to beating the men. She is now spending 21 days in a detention facility before her court date on Dec. 19.

Ads by Coupon Companion Plugin. More Info | Hide These Ads

The random acts of violence seem to follow what appears to be a growing, disturbing trend known as the “knockout game,” which involves targeting someone and trying to knock them out in one swing. Teens previously interviewed about the game have said they do it just “for the fun of it.”

Watch WBBH-TV’s report about the attacks:

The safety of people targeted by such attackers is not all Hurvitz told WBBH he worries about though.

“There are lots of old ladies here who have guns and revolvers in their possession and will not open the door unless they are fully armed. And they will just let loose,” he said, telling the news station he was actually glad he was attacked and not someone else.

VIDEO HERE: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/29/and-wammmmmm-teens-randomly-target-beat-up-senior-citizens/

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I think we need a few public hangings.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Where are Al and Jesse now??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
To his credit, Al Sharpton gave an interview to the Huffington Post speaking out about this violence and denouncing it. I agree it isn't the media hog, blow hard we are used to when whites commit violence against blacks, but at least it is a start - I was amazed to hear he uttered one word against it because the cases highlighted in the news are predominantly black young men committing these violent acts. I shall try to find a link...

Quoting marchantmom06:

Where are Al and Jesse now??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Nov. 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM

These fucking kids are really stupid and their mothers and fathers should be ASHAMED of themselves.  I want to see the libs cry mental health problems now.

ReadWriteLuv
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
If this was my child perpetrating these acts juvinelle detention would be a vacation compared to what I would have waiting for her at home. She'd WANT to be locked up.

That said, I have a feeling that this girl's parents probably don't give a hoot, and haven't for some time, which is why she is at where she is today.
Ziva65
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Lack of respect for human life, elders, etc. Our new generation is greatly lacking in raising their children.. It's evident everywhere, and this is just a snippet. (Of course, not everyone :) however, we see it here even on this board particularly another group, the attitudes towards others, life, etc.

Oh my gosh, I even get annoyed at kids who TP a house because that is disrespectful to someones property...

It's like boilng a frog. We allow small things, and people become desensitized, it just gets worse.

And this will be excused by many.

BaronSamedi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Better self defense laws.  Allow the seniors to carry sword canes and other concealed weapons.  Further more protected from civil and criminal charges.

momtimesx4
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM

From that blurred image, it looks like he might have gotten Sharkeisha-ed

littlelamb36
by New Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I keep saying that we need to have public caneing like they have in Japan. These kids would be publicly spanked with a piece of bamboo. The only problem is all the liberal idiots in this country would get lawyers and try to sue.

But think about it if the Governement can put the patriot act in place where you can be arrested and detained for as long as they deem fit without legal representation because you are suspected of terrorism, is this not terrorism by these criminals we call children

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)