Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RIP Paul Walker

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 7 Replies

Publicist: 'Fast & Furious' star dies in car crash

Associated Press

File-This March 21, 2013 file photo shows actor Paul Walker wearing a creation from the Colcci summer collection at Sao Paulo Fashion Week in Sao Paulo, Brazil. A publicist for actor Walker says the star of the "Fast & Furious" movie series has died in a car crash north of Los Angeles. He was 40. Ame Van Iden says Walker died Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013. No further details were released. (AP Photo/Andre Penner, File)

View gallery

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (AP) — Paul Walker, the star of the "Fast & Furious" movie series, died Saturday in a car crash that killed two people north of Los Angeles, his publicist said. He was 40.

Walker died Saturday afternoon, Ame Van Iden told the Associated Press.

A statement on the actor's Facebook page said he was a passenger in a friend's car, and that Walker was in the area to attend a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide.

"We ... are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news," the statement said.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's department said that deputies found a car engulfed in flames when they responded to a report of a collision in the community of Valencia. Two people who were found in the car were pronounced dead at the scene.

The Santa Clarita Signal reports a red Porsche crashed into a light pole and tree and burst into flames.

Walker was working on "Fast & Furious 7" at the time of his death. He also starred in the suspense drama, "Hours," which is set for release this month.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG! I cant believe this was real! i saw this hours ago but only  tmz had it up so I tjhought it was some kind of awful promotional stunt for the movie the fast and the furious (since he died in a car accident.. a car that hit a tree and exploded) but now its up everywhere... how sad he was only 40 :(

Friday
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

OMG! I cant believe this was real! i saw this hours ago but only  tmz had it up so I tjhought it was some kind of awful promotional stunt for the movie the fast and the furious (since he died in a car accident.. a car that hit a tree and exploded) but now its up everywhere... how sad he was only 40 :(

I was questioning it too, there are always rumors about celeb deaths. I don't know how many times I've 'heard' that Jackie Chan died. Took awhile to confirm this one because TMZ was the only source and while they tend to be pretty good, being owned and run by an attorney they know what they can get away with, it seemed to ironic.

There was even a satirical site that claimed it was a hoax and that his agents had confirmed he was ok. I get satirical sites, love The Onion, but this isn't something that should be joked about.

We live about 45 minutes from where he crashed so I looked up the local newspaper and found confirmation. They had pics of the car, it was bad.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:03 AM

cnn, fox they have all wrote about it now. tmz & wiki both had things when i 1st heard and all i could think about was when eminem was reported to have died and obviously did not but now everyon is confirming it!

Quoting Friday:

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

I was questioning it too, there are always rumors about celeb deaths. I don't know how many times I've 'heard' that Jackie Chan died. Took awhile to confirm this one because TMZ was the only source and while they tend to be pretty good, being owned and run by an attorney they know what they can get away with, it seemed to ironic.

There was even a satirical site that claimed it was a hoax and that his agents had confirmed he was ok. I get satirical sites, love The Onion, but this isn't something that should be joked about.

We live about 45 minutes from where he crashed so I looked up the local newspaper and found confirmation. They had pics of the car, it was bad.

JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM

When Dh first told me last night I didn't believe him. The guy from fast and the furious dying in a car accident seemed a bit far fetched. Unfortunately it is true. So sad. 

JustCJ
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I saw it last night and only tmz had it (but I couldn't get on the site) then under that there was all the buzz about it being a hoax and la la la. Woke this morning some other people posted so before going off on them I double checked and sure as shit, Chicago Tribune and the big names were reporting on it.

JustCJ
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 5:28 PM

That's the thing, there was a hoax some time ago that he died in a fiery crash...freaky shit.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

When Dh first told me last night I didn't believe him. The guy from fast and the furious dying in a car accident seemed a bit far fetched. Unfortunately it is true. So sad. 

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:35 AM

It's very sad, his body is "Unidentifiable"..he seemed like a good guy

;(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)