Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FLUFF: Sound of Music

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

NBC's three-hour televised musical The Sound of Music Live!, starring country music star Carrie Underwood as Maria von Trapp and True Blood's Stephen Moyer as Captain von Trapp, airs live tonight (Dec. 5) at 8 p.m. ET.

For the uninitiated, The Sound of Music tells the story of aspiring nun Maria's adventure to become governess for the widower Captain von Trapp's seven kids, but her romantic emotions for the Captain kick in and she begins to doubt her religious calling.

This is a video realized by NBC to pump people up for the premere...

WARNING: This movie is not after the movie but the play. It was shot live but not in front of an audience. It was carried off over 7 sets.

Did anyone watch? It was an amzing way to bring aniondic story to a new generation. They did a great job!!

by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I loved it! Bought tears to my eyes!! Can't wait to watch it with my kids <3

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I have a thing for "black boot or boot-like" footwear. I enjoyed the kids uniform footwear...'bout sums up NBC's live version for me.

StephanieSH
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 12:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Nothing beats the original movie. It's hard to fill Julie Andrews shoes.
kcangel63
by Amanda on Dec. 6, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Ummm... I've never seen The Sound of Music.

I do have Edelweiss on my music playlist though. :)
4kidz916
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I didn't watch it.  The Sound of Music isn't one of my favorites at all. 

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 10:30 AM
We had to stream it and I thought it sucked. Like what the fuck an I watching Carrie underwood is an awful Maria kinda sucked. They should have practiced a lot more. The kids were way off their marks. I was very sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Just looked u previews and yeah it didn't do so hott. I thought it was great! Carrie's acting was alittle flat but after awhile I felt that she grew on you. I'm disappointed that it didnt fare better.

StephanieSH
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I guess I just feel if I'm going to watch a televised version of the sound if music going to watch the original movie. It's different if you go to live theater and you're actually in the audience. I love seeing live theater. I just don't see the point in watching a mediocre televised version of the play.
dustinsmom1
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I hated Underwood in it. turned it off in her first scene yuck. Too bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)