Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Special-Needs Man Pummeled and Stomped for No Apparent Reason — and What Attacker Does Next Is Almost as Unbelievable

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Eds
  • 4 Replies

Special-Needs Man Pummeled and Stomped for No Apparent Reason — and What Attacker Does Next Is Almost as Unbelievable

TheBlaze’s Liz Klimas contributed to this report.

It was a familiar sight for the clerk at the Marathon gas station in Redford Township, Mich.

Jermaine Findley — a special-needs man who suffers from epilepsy and grand mal seizures —  popped inside the gas station store just south of Detroit and visited for a bit Monday night. Clerk Mohammed Fakreddine usually gives him a cigarette, according to WJBK. This time he went to the mart to buy snacks.

Special Needs Man Jermaine Findley Pummeled and Stomped in Apparent Unprovoked Attack in Gas Station Store

Jermaine Findley chats with the clerk. (Image source: WJBK-TV)

But what happened next was anything but ordinary.

Findley, 25, stepped away from the counter so the clerk could help a customer paying for gas. After putting money back into his wallet, the customer took a step toward the store’s doorway, turned, then punched Findley in the head.

Special Needs Man Jermaine Findley Pummeled and Stomped in Apparent Unprovoked Attack in Gas Station Store

Image source: WJBK-TV

The unidentified assailant then kicked and stomped on Findley, who was on the ground…

…and then, as if nothing happened, calmly walked out the door and pumped his $2 worth of gas.

And the apparently unprovoked attack is all on surveillance video.

“The pain, it just hurt all the way inside my ear,” Findley told WJBK-TV in Detroit. “When he hit me I fell to the ground and hit the ATM machine.”

Jermaine Findley describes how he was attacked. (Image source: WJBK-TV)

Findley is black and his assailant is white; they did not appear to interact at all before the attack, WJBK reported.

Jermaine’s mother, Tenicia Williams, was contacted, drove to the gas station, and called 911.

Then she saw the surveillance video.

“I was like, ‘Oh my God, oh my God.’ A hit in the head could kill him,” she told WJBK. “And then when I saw he walked out of the gas station and started pumping gas, that just took my breath away right there.”

Ads by Coupon Companion Plugin. More Info | Hide These Ads

Findley — who lives with continual tremors from his epilepsy and takes multiple meds to prevent his life-threatening seizures — suffered a concussion, WJBK reported.

“Thank God that God was with him to protect him,” his mother, Tenecia Williams, said.

“The pain – it just hurt all the way inside my ear,” Findley said in a separate report by WJBK. “When he hit me I fell to the ground, and hit the ATM machine.”

VIDEO HERE: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/05/special-needs-man-pummeled-and-stomped-for-no-apparent-reason-and-what-attacker-does-next-is-almost-as-unbelievable/

by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
angelachristine
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 7:59 AM

That is horrible. I hope they catch the guy that did it.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM

The Knockout Game is just as much a crime irrespective of the race of the assailant or the victim.  

JanuaryBaby06
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

This is terrible! It's so scary. The disabled here esp. my blind neighbor are scared to go out because alot of these people are praying on the weak & he wouldnt beable to see it comeing so we've all been taking turns going out with him to do his basic chores... it's sad :/

gludwig2000
by Gina on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM

SMH, I don't know what is wrong with people now a days. I wonder if this is another "knock out" crime and I hope that they catch the guy responsible. Damn, people need to stop treating other people as if they are nothing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN