Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You Probably Won’t Be Surprised to Learn Who Walked Out During Raul Castro’s Speech at Mandela’s Memorial Service

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Eds
  • 48 Replies

You Probably Won’t Be Surprised to Learn Who Walked Out During Raul Castro’s Speech at Mandela’s Memorial Service

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) reportedly briefly walked out of Nelson Mandela’s memorial service on Tuesday when Cuban dictator Raul Castro started speaking.

Ted Cruz Walks Out During Raul Castros Speech at Mandelas Memorial Service

(AP Photo/Odessa American, Ryan Evon)

Cruz’s communications director, Sean Rushton, told National Review that the GOP senator “very much hopes Castro learns the lessons of Nelson Mandela.”

“For decades, Castro has wrongly imprisoned and tortured countless innocents. Just as Mandela was released after 27 years in prison, Castro should finally release his political prisoners; he should hold free elections, and once and for all set the Cuban people free,” he added.

Ted Cruz Walks Out During Raul Castros Speech at Mandelas Memorial Service

Cuba’s President Raul Castro Ruz speaks during the memorial service of South African former president Nelson Mandela at the FNB Stadium ALEXANDER JOE/AFP/Getty Images

President Barack Obama made some waves earlier in the day when he was photographed smiling and shaking hands with Castro before the memorial service. The White House said the interaction was not planned and no substantive discussion occurred.

Cruz’s father, Rafael Cruz, fled Cuba and the ruthless Fidel Castro regime when he was just a teenager. He came to the United States and fell in love with country.

by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomOf3AngelBabe
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 4:55 AM

That whole event seems to have been SO disgraceful and disrespectful. So sad.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:26 AM
5 moms liked this
At least we know what he thinks of oppressive regimes....liked that he walked out and didn't bow.
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I was gonna say - all the decent people?

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Good. Like Rock said he didn't bow!

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:40 AM
3 moms liked this

Cruz’s father, Rafael Cruz, fled Cuba and the ruthless Fidel Castro regime when he was just a teenager. He came to the United States and fell in love with country.

Good for him for walking out!

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM

George W. Bush stayed

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM
3 moms liked this
I know what GWB thinks of oppressive regimes. I now know what TC thinks of oppressive regimes. As for what BO thinks of oppressive regimes, "the book is still out" on that topic...

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

George W. Bush stayed

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Ted Cruz is a lunatic

but the fact remains, this post is about who walked OUT in opposition...Bush wasn't one of them, the former POTUS is more important than some extremist tea bagger

Really.so how does President Obama feel about oppressive regimes? let's ask Ghadafi...

o wait...

Quoting rocketracer: I know what GWB thinks of oppressive regimes. I now know what TC thinks of oppressive regimes. As for what BO thinks of oppressive regimes, "the book is still out" on that topic...

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

George W. Bush stayed

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Nice. Descend into crude characterizations. Just negated anything you said.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Ted Cruz is a lunatic

but the fact remains, this post is about who walked OUT in opposition...Bush wasn't one of them, the former POTUS is more important than some extremist tea bagger

Really.so how does President Obama feel about oppressive regimes? let's ask Ghadafi...

o wait...

Quoting rocketracer: I know what GWB thinks of oppressive regimes. I now know what TC thinks of oppressive regimes. As for what BO thinks of oppressive regimes, "the book is still out" on that topic...

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

George W. Bush stayed

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM

and the lie alluding that the POTUS supports oppressive regimes is what?

typical...

you get what you give

Quoting rocketracer:
Nice. Descend into crude characterizations. Just negated anything you said.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Ted Cruz is a lunatic

o wait...

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

George W. Bush stayed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)