Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson: Five more debate-worthy quotes

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 37 Replies
The debate over A&E's "Duck Dynasty" and the comments made in a GQ interview by one of its stars, Phil Robertson, continues to rage. While Robertson sits out future filming and the rest of the Robertson clan questions whether they will film the show without him, there are plenty of places to get Phil Robertson's raw viewpoints without "Duck Dynasty."

As a devout member of the Church of Christ, Robertson has been a frequent speaker and preacher around the country, especially since gaining fame from the highest-rated nonfiction series in cable TV history. Anyone who takes the time to watch those videos will find plenty of things to discuss and debate.

Check out these nuggets:

"Women with women. Men with men. They committed indecent acts with one another. And they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. They're full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant God haters. They are heartless. They are faithless. They are senseless. They are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil." -- Speaking at the 2010 Wild Game Supper in Pottstown, Pa.

PHOTOS: Behind the scenes of movies and TV

"Why do they murder and why do they hate us? Because all of them ... 80 years of history, they all want to conquer the world, they all rejected Jesus and they're all famous for murder. Nazis, Shintoists, Communists and the Mohammedists. Every one of them the same way." -- Preaching at Hillsboro Church of Christ in El Dorado, Ark., in 2008.

"From one man God made all nations of men. We all came from the same dude, and I don't know what color he was." -- Preaching at Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, Calif. in July 2013.

A good woman is "hard to find. Mainly because these boys are waiting until they get to be about 20 years old before they marry 'em. Look, you wait till they get to be about 20 years old, they only picking that's going to take place is your pocket. You gotta marry these girls when they're 15 or 16, they'll pick your ducks. You need to check with mom and dad about that, of course." -- Speaking at Sportsmen's Ministry in Georgia in 2009.

"I'm no preacher. Know how you can know? This is free! Now, if I pass the hat, you can say, 'He's a preacher.'" -- Speaking at Lakeway Chevron in Texas, December 2012.

ALSO:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-duck-dynastys-phil-robertson-five-jawdropping-moments-from-his-sermons-20131220,0,4783746.story#ixzz2o40RuVXC

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM
A&E should of looked into their backgrounds before signing them. 

Hes a gem

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM
4 moms liked this

He's entitled to his own thoughts and beliefs. He's a devout Christian, and isn't the only one who believes that homosexuality is wrong/abomination. 

Last time I checked, we still retained the constitutional right to say and believe what we want.

So because it goes against what the mainstream libs want us to follow/believe he can't speak his mind? 

AdrianneHill
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:28 PM
how old are the guys if he's expecting the girls to get married at fifteen? Would he want his own granddaughters married at fifteen or would he be glad they at least weren't having sex outside of marriage? He's too young to act that out of touch. He isn't eighty. Did he make his sons marry young girls? Did he wasn't his sons married by twenty (when girls are considered old maids)? I don't get it.
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting 143myboys9496:

He's entitled to his own thoughts and beliefs. He's a devout Christian, and isn't the only one who believes that homosexuality is wrong/abomination. 

Last time I checked, we still retained the constitutional right to say and believe what we want.

So because it goes against what the mainstream libs want us to follow/believe he can't speak his mind? 

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I was looking at their webpage and reading about each of them. He married Kay when she was 16. Seems to have worked for them.

Willie and Korie got married a year after high school, they had known each other since 3rd grade. The oldest son Alan and his wife have been married for 28 years. Missy married Jase when she was 19 and they've been married more than 22 years. Jessica and Jep met in 2001, but it doesn't say what year they married.

Quoting AdrianneHill: how old are the guys if he's expecting the girls to get married at fifteen? Would he want his own granddaughters married at fifteen or would he be glad they at least weren't having sex outside of marriage? He's too young to act that out of touch. He isn't eighty. Did he make his sons marry young girls? Did he wasn't his sons married by twenty (when girls are considered old maids)? I don't get it.

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Phil Robertson, meme

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Phil Robertson, meme

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

AdrianneHill
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:50 AM
3 moms liked this
Hard to take someone serious when they believe in the "happy darkies singing in the fields"stereotype.

Since when did tolerance become: well I have to deal with/tolerate/look at blacks and gays even when I don't want to, so everyone else must silently tolerate my vocal dislike/condescension toward them.
I honestly don't know how people who usually support the rights of businesses to run their companies any way they want have now decided that companies do not have the right to hire, fire, suspend, and pay whomever and however they wish within the law. Phil signed a contract. I'm sure he has lawyers. How are his rights violated again? Really, I'm asking. How does freedom of speech become the responsibility of private corporations? Because this is totally hypocrisy on the part of people who maintain the absolute right of hobby lobby and chick fil a to use their own values as part of their business plan but have decided a&e doesn't have those same rights.
PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 3:10 PM

This is just like saying "If this country were to turn to conservativism that will morph into thousands going hungry, black men being lynched in the street and any non Christian being imprisoned until they accept Jesus.  But I would never treat any of these people with disrespect. I love all of humanity.  Go Conservatives!"

You can't kiss the wound away after you made it.

Quoting grandmab125:

Phil Robertson, meme

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)