Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

WSJ's Riley, FNC's Williams discuss 'Grievance Industry's' Jesse Jackson's entrance into 'Duck Dynasty' controversy

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:24 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gludwig2000
by Gina on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM

This controversy has brought both support and detractors for  the Duck Dynasty Patriarch, and Jackson has just as much right to voice his views against it as does everyone who has voiced their views in support. I do believe that bringing up the subjects of reading levels, or violence in the AA community was meant to criticize, nothing more. However, I do like the "grievance industry" title, because that does seem appropriate,lol.

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I dont know what Jesse Jackson has to do with Phil Robertson either?

I also think the black stereotypes are silly.Who says all or even most blacks are downtrodden,uneducated,live in poor neighborhoods or shooting people up...lol..

I am black and cannot relate to any of that.

This is just typical racist babble....never original....pathetic.

blueforewolf
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:31 AM

honestly I don't know how these bigots stay on the air - they are really disgusting and it's scary frankly how much support they have

Quoting MomTiara19:

I also think the black stereotypes are silly.Who says all or even most blacks are downtrodden,uneducated,live in poor neighborhoods or shooting people up...lol..

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM

No, Gludwig. Bringing up reading levels and violent crime rates is to focus attention on the real issues facing the black family, so as to say:

"Really? Phil Robertson and "Duck Dynasty" are responsible for the actual significant disadvantages many black people face that hold them back from participating fully in life  - such as a significantly lower reading ability by many black children, and 8 times higher violent crime rate? Are you nuts?"

Quoting gludwig2000:

This controversy has brought both support and detractors for  the Duck Dynasty Patriarch, and Jackson has just as much right to voice his views against it as does everyone who has voiced their views in support. I do believe that bringing up the subjects of reading levels, or violence in the AA community was meant to criticize, nothing more. However, I do like the "grievance industry" title, because that does seem appropriate,lol.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM

What "racist stereotypes" are you referring to?

The sad facts that black children in the US have much lower academic achievement and graduation rates, or that half of the violent crime in the US is committed by blacks?

Those are not stereotypes, they are facts.

You don't eliminate stereotypes by pretending that certain anomalies exist, you work like hell to end them.

The fact that you thought they were stereotypes, and didn't realize they are actual facts, is a good sign that they are not true for your family. That's great, but they ARE true for lots of other kids.

Quoting MomTiara19:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM
2 moms liked this

What bigots?

You mean like Kanye West?

Quoting blueforewolf:

honestly I don't know how these bigots stay on the air - they are really disgusting and it's scary frankly how much support they have

Quoting MomTiara19:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:43 PM

BUMP!

gludwig2000
by Gina on Dec. 29, 2013 at 3:26 PM

No, I believe that the context in which he made those statements, it was meant as a put down, not meant to be helpful at all. But that is the great thing about living in America, we can make or take statements, however we want. See, I believe that if he wanted to be helpful, he would have said something like "Why isn't Jesse Jackson making sure that AA children are at their proper reading level by making sure that there are enough qualified teachers and reading material in their schools? Or why isn't he trying to do something about poverty levels and downtrodden neighborhoods where children have no hope of a future, so they turn to crime?  I read his statements as criticisms, and not even constructive ones at that.

Quoting SallyMJ:

No, Gludwig. Bringing up reading levels and violent crime rates is to focus attention on the real issues facing the black family, so as to say:

"Really? Phil Robertson and "Duck Dynasty" are responsible for the actual significant disadvantages many black people face that hold them back from participating fully in life  - such as a significantly lower reading ability by many black children, and 8 times higher violent crime rate? Are you nuts?"

Quoting gludwig2000:

29again
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I thought she meant Jackson and his friend Sharpton.

Quoting SallyMJ:

What bigots?

Quoting blueforewolf:

Quoting MomTiara19:

gludwig2000
by Gina on Dec. 29, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I really don't think that they are bigots. I don't think that they hate white people or any people, I believe that all they see is the lime light they will get and the money they will earn taking on their little causes, which is why I agreed with the "greivance Industry" title, but that is just me. I do believe that when they started out, they meant well, wanted to help people, but that changed very quickly,imo.

Quoting 29again:

I thought she meant Jackson and his friend Sharpton.

Quoting SallyMJ:

What bigots?

Quoting blueforewolf:

Quoting MomTiara19:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN