• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama, H. Clinton again most admired

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 8 Replies
It may have been a difficult political year for President Obama, but he continues to reign as the nation's Most Admired Man, according to the Gallup Poll.

It's not that big of a surprise -- sitting U.S. presidents have been won the most admired poll for 33 straight years now.

The Most Admired Woman, Gallup reports, is former Secretary of State and (perhaps) future presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton. It's the 18th time the former first lady has won the honor.

Mrs. Clinton, who took 15% in the current poll, finished ahead of television personality Oprah Winfrey (6%), current first lady Michelle Obama (5%), and former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin (5%).

Obama, at 16%, won the man's poll ahead of both predecessor George W. Bush and Pope Francis, each of whom had 4%.

From Gallup:

"Clinton was named the Most Admired Woman this year for the 18th time. Unlike this year, each prior time she won she held an official government role. Her public service may not be complete, though, as she is frequently mentioned as a possible contender for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination, and likely would be the clear front-runner if she decided to pursue it. She has dominated the Most Admired Woman list since becoming first lady in 1993, failing to finish first only in 1995 and 1996 to Mother Teresa, and in 2001 to Laura Bush.

"It would not be surprising for Obama to continue to rank as the Most Admired Man for the duration of his presidency, as the sitting president has won the distinction 57 times in the 67 years the question has been asked, including the last 33 in a row. Given his relative youth at age 52, the esteem in which Americans hold former presidents, and his historical significance as the first African-American president, should he live a long life he likely will also rank among the men with the most top 10 appearances for all time."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
grandmab125
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Just goes to show you that Gallup is some how often able to hone in on the idiots when doing a poll.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

ROTFLMAO

KenneMaw
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:57 PM
3 moms liked this

I would love to know who participated in this poll - Bill, Hillary, Michelle and Barrack????   

PamR
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Quoting KenneMaw:

I would love to know who participated in this poll - Bill, Hillary, Michelle and Barrack????   

No, a Gallup poll asks the question of a broad cross-section of people throughout the country. 

jobseeker
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

nobody asked me

throwing up

JanuaryBaby06
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Well good for them. I wouldnt have put Obama above francis but I guess everyone that takes the poll is American or lives in America..... not everyone is Catholic or really cares so I guess that kinda makes sense. 18th time for Hillary? Good for her.

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Who would admire a woman who chews out those that protect her, destroys evidence in an ongoing investigation and covers up the truth pertaining to a terrorist attack?
mikiemom
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

2016 will be very upsetting for many in this forum lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)