Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What is Beyonce thinking?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:36 PM
  • 13 Replies

Beyonce posts Last Supper-themed Instagram

Just a few days after singer Beyonce issued an apology for using audio of the Challenger shuttle disaster in her song "XO," the pop star has come under fire again, this time for a photo she posted on Instagram, posing in front of a Last Supper painting. 

In the image, Bey appears to be sitting atop a bar with the word "Juicy" written on it, in front of Jesus' seat, covering the painting. 

Instagram users were quick to comment on the photo, with many criticizing the singer. 

"@beyonce as much as we support your success by being a fellow Texan... its sad to say I have lost ALL RESPECT for you! This Is very unacceptable and you know you were raised in a church!" one wrote. 

Another chimed in, "Not trying to judge--- but this is wrong on sooo many level[s]." 

Click here for more from the New York Post. 

by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VooDooB
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Beyonce is a tool.

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I really don't see what the big deal is.  Is it her bar?  Did she place the picture up over the bar?  Did she put 'Juicy' on the bar?  She's just posing for a picture. 

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

She may be an extremely talented woman with a great voice, but I think it all ends there.

She caused an uproar, too, when she was pimped out to sing for Qaddafi at his bd party.  After all of the flack she rec'd for that stunt, she donated the money to some charity for Haiti.

-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Agreed

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I really don't see what the big deal is.  Is it her bar?  Did she place the picture up over the bar?  Did she put 'Juicy' on the bar?  She's just posing for a picture. 

JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Weird pic

denise3680
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:49 PM

It would have been a very nice picture if Juicy had not been in it:/  everyone is going to be offended by something, no news here:/

Friday
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll concede that she is pretty and talented but obviously her judgement is off and no one in her crowd bothers to tell her. This pic is kinda weird, not sure what she was going for and sampling audio from Challenger is just bad form. That's one of those days that I will always remember where I was.

Meh, not my preferred genre of music anyhow. I'm more of a Rocker Chick.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

JanuaryBaby06
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I also don't get the issue with the picture but I do get the uproar with the Challenger Shuttle Disaster... that was tasteless.

I however am, not and was never a fan of Beyonce... she's never done anything for me :/

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Trying to get worked up over what Beyonce does.......................

Nope, can't do it.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Meh, thats what I think of her actions and her music,lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN