Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Just Announced....

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:20 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

Sen Rand Paul just announced on Sean Hannity's show that he has filed a Class Action lawsuit against the Obama admin for the warrentless wire tapping and data mining by the NSA on our cell phones.  If you would like to join this suit, you can sign up on Sen Paul's Facebook page.

I will post more details when an article is available.

Edited to add:   Americans can join the lawsuit by visiting Paul's website.

Earlier on Brietbartnews.com..

Rand Paul to Lead Class-Action Lawsuit Against Obama over NSA Spying

Email ArticlePrint articleSend a Tip
by Matthew Boyle 3 Jan 2014, 10:50 AM PDT 1770 post a comment

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) is leading a class-action lawsuit with hundreds of thousands of Americans against President Barack Obama's National Security Agency (NSA) over its spying on the American people, Breitbart News has learned.

Sen. Paul will be discussing the lawsuit in an exclusive appearance on Fox News with host Eric Bolling at 10 PM ET on Friday. Breitbart News has learned that Paul will file the class action lawsuit soon in the D.C. District Court and that he will be filing it as an individual, not as a U.S. Senator. For a U.S. Senator to file a such a class action lawsuit against the President of the United States would be extremely rare.

This lawsuit allows the American people to join together in a grassroots manner against President Obama's NSA with a sitting U.S. Senator at the helm. Two prior class action lawsuits were filed in June. Classes have not yet been certified in those cases.

The focus of the lawsuit will be how the NSA's actions violate the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution. The lawsuit will target the NSA's metadata program.

Via Paul's campaign website, more than 300,000 Americans have already indicated they will sign up for the suit when it is officially filed in D.C. District court. Americans can join the lawsuit by visiting Paul's website.

The class action suit from Sen. Paul against the president comes on the heels of two different conflicting court rulings in individual suits against the NSA, with one court ruling that the NSA was within its bounds to spy on Americans shortly after a different court ruled the NSA's actions were unconstitutional. The conflicting decisions all but guarantee an eventual Supreme Court-level case on the matter.

by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Is he going to sue the past Presidents who also used the NSA to spy?
Is he going to sue the Congressmen and SENATORS that voted for this?

Nah - didn't think so.

Didn't this begin under the Bush Administration? Didn't Congress pass the Patriot Act giving the NSA these powers? Didn't the SCOTUS already refuse to hear a FISA Amendment challenge? Is he going to name Bush and his fellow Congressmen as co-defendants? Sounds like one big PR stunt for Rand.
the1stmuslimah
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Is there a way to sign up without going to FB? FB is not safe and is how I was originally hacked (still am) every word I type is monitored on my computer as well the cell phone I got rid of and went completely basic under anonymous.

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Ignorant people.....

Quoting Pema_Jampa:
Is he going to sue the past Presidents who also used the NSA to spy?
Is he going to sue the Congressmen and SENATORS that voted for this?

Nah - didn't think so.

Didn't this begin under the Bush Administration? Didn't Congress pass the Patriot Act giving the NSA these powers? Didn't the SCOTUS already refuse to hear a FISA Amendment challenge? Is he going to name Bush and his fellow Congressmen as co-defendants? Sounds like one big PR stunt for Rand.

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:42 PM
3 moms liked this

Americans can join the lawsuit by visiting Paul’s website.

Quoting the1stmuslimah:

Is there a way to sign up without going to FB? FB is not safe and is how I was originally hacked (still am) every word I type is monitored on my computer as well the cell phone I got rid of and went completely basic under anonymous.

the1stmuslimah
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting grandmab125:

Americans can join the lawsuit by visiting Paul’s website.

Quoting the1stmuslimah:

, I know I asked you this twice. Here and another group but I figured if you didn't see it one place you would see it in the other. After what has happened to me although it has been a fun last 6 weeks every move I make being monitored (love a challenge) I wanted to know an another option because I will never go nowhere near FB again as long as I live.

For those who have wondered this is why I deleted my old 7 year old profile and had planned to stay in the back ground here but decided it really does not mattered because I am being monitored anyways, every word I say. If watching me on CM is what it takes to get their rocks off, let em have at it.

vic270
by Vic on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:37 PM

rand paul for president in 2016

Sat.Wed
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Why only Obama?? wh not George W Bush whom expanded it ?????

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Obama expanded it.

Quoting Sat.Wed:

JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:29 AM

bump

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:58 PM
2 moms liked this

GWB signed the original Patriot Act.  Obama put it on steroids.

Quoting Sat.Wed:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)