Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Tulsa man charged with hate crime after assaulting woman he thought was a Muslim

Posted by   + Show Post

Tulsa man charged with hate crime after assaulting woman he thought was a Muslim

Friday, January 3, 2014 21:06 EST
manning

A Tulsa, Oklahoma man is in jail after allegedly assaulting a woman he believed to be Muslim.

According to police reports, the woman — who is Lebanese and was wearing a headscarf — pulled into Bill and Ruth’s Deli. When she exited her vehicle, Stuart Manning began to berate her for having parked too close to his Jeep.

“Hey, you f***ing b***h Muslim, why did you get so close to my car?” he reportedly said. She claims he followed her to the door of the restaurant yelling, “Muslim b***h!” As she entered the store, she says she observed Manning crouching by her car.

When she exited the store, Manning was removing a knife from one of her tires. According to a bank security guard who witnessed the incident, when she asked him, “Why did you do that?” he responded by striking her in the face with a closed fist. As he punched her, she grabbed his glasses.

The security guard wrote down Manning’s license plate number, and police captured him shortly thereafter. When asked if the glasses the victim had handed over to investigators were his, he replied that they were, but that he had no idea how he had lost them.

When police recounted his victim’s story to him, he claimed he had “a drinking relapse and did not remember the incident” for which he has been charged with assault and battery, malicious injury to property, and malicious intimidation, the last of which is a hate crime.

by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
Momniscient
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Eye roll

Quoting SallyMJ:

This is a despicable crime.

On the same note, are the blacks who assaulted white people in the "Knock-Out Game" going to be charged with hate crimes for assaulting people they KNEW were white?

Don't hold your breath. At this point, only a white guy assaulting a black man in this way has been charged with a hate crime.

Hate crimes seem to mostly apply only to white people assaulting black people, but not black people assaulting white people. Why? I thought people are supposed to receive equal protection under the law - the 14th Amendment. This is crazy. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanuaryBaby06
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

He told the cops he had a drinking relapse and didn't remember? Didn't he drive away from the seen of the crime? So not only did he assalt this woman he was intoxicated enough to lose parts of his memory?

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

So you believe blacks SHOULD commit hate crimes against whites?

I thought you are a compassionate liberal who loves peace.

How do you expect the American people to want to punish hate crimes against Muslims, when you eyeroll hate crimes against whites?

Do you not believe in equal protection under the law? 

Quoting Momniscient: Eye roll

Quoting SallyMJ:

On the same note, are the blacks who assaulted white people in the "Knock-Out Game" going to be charged with hate crimes for assaulting people they KNEW were white?

Don't hold your breath. At this point, only a white guy assaulting a black man in this way has been charged with a hate crime.

Hate crimes seem to mostly apply only to white people assaulting black people, but not black people assaulting white people. Why? I thought people are supposed to receive equal protection under the law - the 14th Amendment. This is crazy. 

Momniscient
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol.

I'm suggesting you're not a very informed person.

Quoting SallyMJ:

How do you expect the American people to want to punish hate crimes against Muslims, when you eyeroll hate crimes against whites?

Quoting SallyMJ:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:55 PM

And how is that, oh smart one?

I believe you are the uninformed one.

Quoting Momniscient: Lol.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Momniscient
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Because all kinds get charged with hate crime. It is no races fault if whites commit a disproportionate amount of crime prosecuted as a hate crime.

I also don't believe you even have a clue as to what the burdens are in proving hate crime or how that prosecution works and I certainly understand that you froth at the mouth to 'prove' that white people are oppressed somehow.

I'm sure you 'think' I'm uninformed. I'm not bothered cause I don't think you are a Deep thinker at all. Just a bitter reactionary.

Any other questions?
Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kerryket
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Schmuck!
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure - Just a TINY bit off.

African-Americans Commit Disproportionate Share of Hate Crimes

Whites are 63 percent of the population, but commit 56 percent of the hate crimes.

Blacks are 13 percent of the population but commit 23 percent of the hate crimes.

Furthermore since the FBI statistics don’t appear to separately categorize Latinos, it’s likely that the “white” statistics actually includes Latinos. This is an ongoing problem with theFBI sometimes classifying Latinos by victim category, but not by perp category.

More significantly, when it comes to violent crimes, anti-white hate crimes tend to be more violent than anti-black hate crimes.

For example, the FBI lists an anti-white murder in 2012, but no anti-black murder. An anti-white rape, but no anti-black rapes.

The vast majority of anti-black hate crimes were classified as intimidation (635) and vandalism (674) with larger spikes in various forms of assault. It may be that anti-white hate crimes are unlikely to be classified and recorded unless they are particularly violent.

Quoting Momniscient: Because all kinds get charged with hate crime. It is no races fault if whites commit a disproportionate amount of crime prosecuted as a hate crime.

I also don't believe you even have a clue as to what the burdens are in proving hate crime or how that prosecution works and I certainly understand that you froth at the mouth to 'prove' that white people are oppressed somehow.

I'm sure you 'think' I'm uninformed. I'm not bothered cause I don't think you are a Deep thinker at all. Just a bitter reactionary.

Any other questions?
Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Momniscient
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Lol
Thanks for proving me right.

Try again.
This time, use your own brain instead of googling something you've already concluded.
I know you won't, but it's good for a laugh.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Whites are 63 percent of the population, but commit 56 percent of the hate crimes.

Blacks are 13 percent of the population but commit 23 percent of the hate crimes.

Furthermore since the FBI statistics don’t appear to separately categorize Latinos, it’s likely that the “white” statistics actually includes Latinos. This is an ongoing problem with theFBI sometimes classifying Latinos by victim category, but not by perp category.

More significantly, when it comes to violent crimes, anti-white hate crimes tend to be more violent than anti-black hate crimes.

For example, the FBI lists an anti-white murder in 2012, but no anti-black murder. An anti-white rape, but no anti-black rapes.

The vast majority of anti-black hate crimes were classified as intimidation (635) and vandalism (674) with larger spikes in various forms of assault. It may be that anti-white hate crimes are unlikely to be classified and recorded unless they are particularly violent.

Quoting Momniscient: Because all kinds get charged with hate crime. It is no races fault if whites commit a disproportionate amount of crime prosecuted as a hate crime.

Any other questions?
Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, dear, proved you wrong. I know that's hard to hear for those on the Left.

Read the OP again, look at the numbers again, and think about statistics: Blacks are over-represented in the crime data, at 10 percentage points higher. Whites are underrepresented in the data, at about 7 percentage points lower than their population would suggest. This means that blacks committed hate crimes about 70% more than you would have thought, and that whites committed hate crimes about 10% less than you would expect. Those are significant numbers.

And the article said there was a black-on-white murder and a rape, but no white-on-black murders or rapes.  That is significant too.

Hey - I'm not a math major either, but even we non-math majors can do these kind of high school type calculations.

So back to my earlier point, which you seem to have misunderstood - As of yesterday, there was ONE, one guy who's black, finally was charged with a hate crime in the Knock-Out game.  None of the others who were charged with assault were charged with a hate crime - just this one, only AFTER a white assailant was similarly charged.

And as we all know, these "Knock-Out" assaults are carried out about 95% the time by black assailants on white people. So if this holds, more of these black assailants will be charged with hate crimes. Just as they should if they are white - Everyone needs to be dealt the same justice.

I know you at least agree with that.

Quoting Momniscient: Lol
Thanks for proving me right.

Try again.
This time, use your own brain instead of googling something you've already concluded.
I know you won't, but it's good for a laugh.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Any other questions?
Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)