Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My bible says that 40 year old women should marry 15 year old boys

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:56 AM
  • 41 Replies
2 moms liked this

because that will train them to be more compliant doing the chores around the house like taking out garbage, that they will learn to speak only when spoken to,  and will learn how to please us wimmin folk  

my bible says that God loves gays and lesbians that are good people and kind rather than haters of other religions

my bible says that if they're gonna make my public school say the pledge that they do it like it was said before the 1950's

my bible says that all the students in public schools should pray  "thank you for science and the knowledge of evolution and I can't wait to find out more about the universe and scientific theory" 

my bible says that my God doesn't care what consenting adults do in bed  S/he is not interested  it also says that adults can marry whomever they please and how many they please

My bible says be kind to people and that people who believe in God have such security in their beliefs that they really don't care if people believe or don't believe and they don't have to promote my bible all over the place.

My bible says that if people don't believe that's ok too - no problem - or if they believe in a different God - no problem - it's all good

my bible says being kind is the number one commandment and that when one makes a difficult decision they should always refer to the 1st commandment  

I love my bible and my God!!!!   (except for the 40/15 thing I really believe this)

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:50 AM
6 moms liked this

Well, your bible isn't the Bible. You're reading the wrong one.  Except number two. But God loves all people unconditionally.  :)

Quoting blueforewolf:

because that will train them to be more compliant doing the chores around the house like taking out garbage, that they will learn to speak only when spoken to,  and will learn how to please us wimmin folk  

my bible says that God loves gays and lesbians that are good people and kind rather than haters of other religions

my bible says that if they're gonna make my public school say the pledge that they do it like it was said before the 1950's

my bible says that all the students in public schools should pray  "thank you for science and the knowledge of evolution and I can't wait to find out more about the universe and scientific theory" 

my bible says that my God doesn't care what consenting adults do in bed  S/he is not interested  it also says that adults can marry whomever they please and how many they please

My bible says be kind to people and that people who believe in God have such security in their beliefs that they really don't care if people believe or don't believe and they don't have to promote my bible all over the place.

My bible says that if people don't believe that's ok too - no problem - or if they believe in a different God - no problem - it's all good

my bible says being kind is the number one commandment and that when one makes a difficult decision they should always refer to the 1st commandment  

I love my bible and my God!!!!   (except for the 40/15 thing I really believe this)

Lilfootmommy
by Littlefoot on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM
I like that Bible except the god part, but that's a god that I could consider believing in
blueforewolf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I'm a pantheist and nature and God are one of the same  (nature being every damn thing we know and don't know in the universe - what you can think of and know exists and things of which we have no knowledge.  thank you for reading my post 

Quoting Lilfootmommy: I like that Bible except the god part, but that's a god that I could consider believing in

Lilfootmommy
by Littlefoot on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:28 PM
You're welcome I loved it

Quoting blueforewolf:

I'm a pantheist and nature and God are one of the same  (nature being every damn thing we know and don't know in the universe - what you can think of and know exists and things of which we have no knowledge.  thank you for reading my post 

Quoting Lilfootmommy: I like that Bible except the god part, but that's a god that I could consider believing in

Lilfootmommy
by Littlefoot on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Whose to say your Bible is the right one?

Quoting SallyMJ:

Well, your bible isn't the Bible. You're reading the wrong one.  Except number two. But God loves all people unconditionally.  :)

Quoting blueforewolf:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM
2 moms liked this

The Bible doesn't say what she said. That's how I know.

There are different versions as far as different language, early and modern English - not meaning.

Anyone who reads the Bible regularly knows what is and isn't in there. You can't make up what you think should be there, and say it's there. No document works that way.

Quoting Lilfootmommy: Whose to say your Bible is the right one?

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting blueforewolf:

blueforewolf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

exactly, but she isn't going to understand that

Quoting Lilfootmommy: Whose to say your Bible is the right one?

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting blueforewolf:

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Good for you :D Change 15 to 18 and make it alittle less demeaning (although I think I know what you mean here and I'm guessing your taking a stab at another statment that was made more recently?) but I think your Bible, Holybook, Mantra, whatever.... sounds pretty good and if it works for you that's what matters!

blueforewolf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

yup  I  was making fun of the duck dynasty guy - I'm glad you like my holybook!

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Good for you :D Change 15 to 18 and make it alittle less demeaning (although I think I know what you mean here and I'm guessing your taking a stab at another statment that was made more recently?) but I think your Bible, Holybook, Mantra, whatever.... sounds pretty good and if it works for you that's what matters!

Momniscient
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)