Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Ice and cold: Global warming believers are today's climate deniers

Posted by   + Show Post

Just this week we had dozens of Global Warming-believing scientists, who specialize in researching ice melt in Antarctica, run into a helluva lot more Antarctic ice than their research told them would be there. So much more ice that their ship and three ice-breaking rescue vessels were stuck in ten feet of it for days (two of the vessels are still stuck). As I write this, the big news of the weekend is a cold snap across much of the country with temperatures reaching 20 and 30-year lows. And yet, despite all of what should be good news, the Global Cooling Global WarmingClimate Change community is not celebrating.  

Not only are Climate Change Truthers not celebrating, they are hysterical with worry that unexpected Antarctic ice discoveries and American winters returning to the normalcy those of us of a certain age remember, might hurt their religion crusade. The media is so worried they have coordinated a cover-up of the news from Antarctica and those of us pointing to what one might call the "science" of colder temperatures and increased Arctic ice are being mocked for doing so.

Granted, more ice in one area of a vast South Pole is not empirical proof that all is well in the Antarctic, but it is a great way to call attention to the fact that according to NASA, "In late September 2013, the ice surrounding Antarctica reached its annual winter maximum and set a new record."

Who is anti-science now?

The chief of today's Climate Deniers is President Obama, whose second term will end up being "all about Climate Change." Despite all this good climate news, Obama still intends to circumvent Congress and use the Tyranny of the Bureaucracy to strangle the kind of industries that create solid middle class jobs. But don't worry, while Obama is killing good-paying energy jobs he will be rescuing us from income inequality that good paying energy jobs would help to solve.  

There are all kinds of reasons not to believe in Global Warming -- the cover-ups, themedia biasthe outright lies; the science just being plain old wrong; the absurdity of using a hundred-or-so years of data on a planet billions of years old;  the oh-so bizarre coincidence that the only solution to the "crisis" is to check off every item on the Marxist wish-list; the fact that Global Warming Believers live their lives like the rest of us instead of preparing for imminent catastrophe…

And let's not forget the oily shift in branding from Global Cooling to Global Warming to Climate Change…

Well, now we can add to this list the fact that the very good news of unexpected Antarctic ice, and a return to the kind of winter weather we experienced before this Climate Change hysteria began, hasn't so much as made a single Truther pause for just a moment to wonder aloud if this might be good news.

Instead, they are ignoring the science to double down on their denial and partisan bitterness.

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Replies (21-30):
doomsie
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I personally am anti-science, but even I noticed how strange the weather is getting. I live in Florida, and I have so far, I hope I am not jinxing it, seen the most mild winter in a long time. We had a couple chilly days, but nothing like it should be. During winter, we get very cold...just nothing like up north. But so far, only had to wear my hoodie a few times. Yes, winter isn't over. But its just weird.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:09 PM

We have an old fashioned word for that: It's called "weather."

And the centuries-long climate changes that are completely natural and beyond our control. Ice Age, Little Ice Age, anyone? The fact that it was warmer during medieval and Roman times?

Looking at 100 years is a drop in the bucket for a planet that is millions or billions of years old. It's like a hiccup or a sneeze.

Quoting Lilfootmommy: Global warming is a myth, global climate change is not.

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Quoting SallyMJ:

Looking at 100 years is a drop in the bucket for a planet that is millions or billions of years old. It's like a hiccup or a sneeze.

*sigh*   You don't really enjoy understanding things, do you?   I think you're happier when they're a mystery.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Come on, you libs/progs have got to do better at your impersonations!  :)   You guys are SO OBVIOUS, same as when you infiltrate Tea Party rallies and pretend to be idiot conservatives who can't spell. You have to be believable. No one is anti-science - except for many climate change/global warming "experts."

If they were telling the truth, why the need to destroy data that does not support their theories? Why suppress and destroy emails and other communication that the data does not support the extreme predictions of the majority of the climate chang gang? If these folks were truly open to follow where science leads, why do they feel the need to tell scholarly journals to boycott and not publish work by scientists with dissenting views? Does that really sound like the free expression of the truth? Or the suppression of it? 

Quoting doomsie:

I personally am anti-science, but even I noticed how strange the weather is getting. I live in Florida, and I have so far, I hope I am not jinxing it, seen the most mild winter in a long time. We had a couple chilly days, but nothing like it should be. During winter, we get very cold...just nothing like up north. But so far, only had to wear my hoodie a few times. Yes, winter isn't over. But its just weird.

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Quoting SallyMJ:

it was warmer during medieval and Roman times

In the area surrounding the North Atlantic, yes it was.

On the other hand, during that same time frame, it seems to have been cooler than average in many of the regions surrounding the Pacific.

Lilfootmommy
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Weather and climate are not the same. Figure out why then discuss it with me

Quoting SallyMJ:

And the centuries-long climate changes that are completely natural and beyond our control. Ice Age, Little Ice Age, anyone? The fact that it was warmer during medieval and Roman times?

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:25 PM

You're the one who demonstrates and relishes in your lack of understanding.

You still haven't explained the drop in the bucket, and the millions and billions of years that climate has changed without the assistance of people. How ever is that possible?! Are you suggesting people and the dinosaurs were pals, and that early man had huge industry and infrastructure? Perhaps cavemen sold dinosaur steaks on the free market, and cars were feet generated - such as on The Flintstones? Mr. Slate was the boss?

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting SallyMJ:

*sigh*   You don't really enjoy understanding things, do you?   I think you're happier when they're a mystery.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:26 PM

You guys have forgotten about the major warming and cooling times in the history of the world.

Quoting Lilfootmommy: Weather and climate are not the same. Figure out why then discuss it with me

Quoting SallyMJ:

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Quoting SallyMJ:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=definition+of+weather

the state of the atmosphere at a particular place and time as regards heat, cloudiness, dryness, sunshine, wind, rain, etc.

doomsie
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

who ever said I am a damn liberal -_- I am a conservative Christian, but kinda more on the anti-government side. I am also confused at what you are trying to get at. All I said was the weather in Florida was acting strangely. Shrugs...have a blessed day.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Come on, you libs/progs have got to do better at your impersonations!  :)   You guys are SO OBVIOUS, same as when you infiltrate Tea Party rallies and pretend to be idiot conservatives who can't spell. You have to be believable. No one is anti-science - except for many climate change/global warming "experts."

If they were telling the truth, why the need to destroy data that does not support their theories? Why suppress and destroy emails and other communication that the data does not support the extreme predictions of the majority of the climate chang gang? If these folks were truly open to follow where science leads, why do they feel the need to tell scholarly journals to boycott and not publish work by scientists with dissenting views? Does that really sound like the free expression of the truth? Or the suppression of it? 

Quoting doomsie:

~toontown lover~
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)