Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Suspected bomb threat forces plane to make emergency landing at Kansas City Internations Airport

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:26 PM
  • 7 Replies

Suspected bomb threat forces plane to make emergency landing at KCI

Posted: Jan 05, 2014 2:24 PM CST Updated: Jan 05, 2014 3:33 PM CST

The American Airlines flight from San Francisco to New York landed in Kansas City shortly before 2 p.m. Sunday. (Josh Collins/KCTV5)
The American Airlines flight from San Francisco to New York landed in Kansas City shortly before 2 p.m. Sunday. (Josh Collins/KCTV5)

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

A suspected bomb threat forced a plane to make an emergency landing at Kansas City International Airport, an airport spokesman said.

This comes after somebody found a flash drive in the bathroom of the plane, Kansas City Aviation Department spokesman Joe McBride said.

The American Airlines flight from San Francisco to New York landed in Kansas City shortly before 2 p.m. Sunday.

A bus was sent out to the plane to unload the passengers.  The Boeing 767 had 227 people on board.

Bomb and arson investigators thoroughly searched the pane, and passengers were able reboard the aircraft about 3:15 p.m.  No injuries were reported.

by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gludwig2000
by Gina on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:24 PM

All that for a flash drive? Oh well, this is a case of better safe than sorry, imo. I'm glad nothing was found.

kcangel63
by Amanda on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:27 PM
I wonder what they found? Private photos? Someone lost their college work? Misplaced work presentation?

Quoting gludwig2000:

All that for a flash drive? Oh well, this is a case of better safe than sorry, imo. I'm glad nothing was found.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Lol, if it belonged to one of my kids, most of it would have been music, and very little school work. When I was in FL for my brother and my cousins printer wouldn't work, I had to load it on a flash drive belonging to her son(31) to go and get the paperwork printed off so I could fill it out and get it back to the funeral home. Anyway, all that was on the flash drive before that was cartoons, actual saturday morning cartoons,lol.
Quoting kcangel63: I wonder what they found? Private photos? Someone lost their college work? Misplaced work presentation?

Quoting gludwig2000:

kcangel63
by Amanda on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:39 PM
LOL

Quoting gludwig2000:
Lol, if it belonged to one of my kids, most of it would have been music, and very little school work. When I was in FL for my brother and my cousins printer wouldn't work, I had to load it on a flash drive belonging to her son(31) to go and get the paperwork printed off so I could fill it out and get it back to the funeral home. Anyway, all that was on the flash drive before that was cartoons, actual saturday morning cartoons,lol.

Quoting kcangel63: I wonder what they found? Private photos? Someone lost their college work? Misplaced work presentation?

Quoting gludwig2000:

gludwig2000
by Gina on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Yep,lol. Maybe I should give him a call and see if he has added anything onto it :-)

Quoting kcangel63: LOL

Quoting gludwig2000:

Quoting gludwig2000:

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 3:17 PM

AGree! I rather them make a big deal and have nothing happen then just say it's probably nothing and then have a bomb go off aboard or have it  flyinto a sky scraper or soemthing like that.

Scary! I couldn't imagine being on that plane!

Quoting gludwig2000:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

An abundance of caution is better than a terrorist attack.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)