Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you being affected by this Winter Weather? Not political

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:28 PM
  • 79 Replies
4 moms liked this

If so, please keep safe and warm. I'm in South Carolina and they are predicting temps to get as low as 13 degrees tonight and in the morning, with Lake Wind advisories in effect. This is not usual for us,lol, and Mother Nature forgot that this is SOUTH Carolina, lol. Where ever you are, please do keep safe and warm.

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lilfootmommy
by Littlefoot on Jan. 6, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Yep, my mom took me to the store the other day and bought us a ton of food that way we wouldn't needbto leave the house. I looked put the window and its completly white
gludwig2000
by Gina on Jan. 6, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Judging by some of the pics I've been seeing, that is a good idea,imo. Stay warm and enjoy the family time, but no cabin fever!! Lol, I hope you have lots of games, books and such for everybody.

Quoting Lilfootmommy: Yep, my mom took me to the store the other day and bought us a ton of food that way we wouldn't needbto leave the house. I looked put the window and its completly white

Lilfootmommy
by Littlefoot on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM
We'll probably get caught up on Dexter. I'm watching shrek the musical right now

Quoting gludwig2000:

Judging by some of the pics I've been seeing, that is a good idea,imo. Stay warm and enjoy the family time, but no cabin fever!! Lol, I hope you have lots of games, books and such for everybody.

Quoting Lilfootmommy: Yep, my mom took me to the store the other day and bought us a ton of food that way we wouldn't needbto leave the house. I looked put the window and its completly white

kcangel63
by Amanda on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:06 PM
It's so cold! It was -8 this morning.
blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you gludwig2000. I live near the windy city. With the wind chill, 30 to 40 below. Many businesses & schools are closed. I have a big German Shepherd. My husband & I let him out for just a few min to do his duty. When I let him in earlier this evening, he was limping in the cold snow. I've never seen him do this before. I feel sorry for the wild animals. I hope they find a warm & safe place to hide from the severe weather. 

Stay warm everyone smile mini

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm in Southeast Texas and we are not seeing the snow and ice everyone else is, but it is cold.  29 this morning and colder tomorrow.  I know I shouldn't complain but, we don't have the clothes for this kind of weather, I don't own a coat, just light weight jackets.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:53 PM
That sounds like fun!
Quoting Lilfootmommy: We'll probably get caught up on Dexter. I'm watching shrek the musical right now

Quoting gludwig2000:

gludwig2000
by Gina on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I would die, either that or constantly in a hot showere or bath,lol. Stay warm and be careful with ice. 

Quoting kcangel63: It's so cold! It was -8 this morning.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Brr, I wouldn't be able to take that. And poor pup! I hope he hasn't his paw seriously. I'm like you, I hope animals have some place safe to go too, but what can we do. The important thing is that you and yours are safe and warm.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Thank you gludwig2000. I live near the windy city. With the wind chill, 30 to 40 below. Many businesses & schools are closed. I have a big German Shepherd. My husband & I let him out for just a few min to do his duty. When I let him in earlier this evening, he was limping in the cold snow. I've never seen him do this before. I feel sorry for the wild animals. I hope they find a warm & safe place to hide from the severe weather. 

Stay warm everyone smile mini

gludwig2000
by Gina on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:58 PM

See, that is how it is here too, no ice or snow, but cold and wind. Also like you, we don't have the big winter coats and jackets so we just try to layer. Keep warm, it will be over soon.

Quoting lylalane7275:

I'm in Southeast Texas and we are not seeing the snow and ice everyone else is, but it is cold.  29 this morning and colder tomorrow.  I know I shouldn't complain but, we don't have the clothes for this kind of weather, I don't own a coat, just light weight jackets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)