Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sen. Mike Lee: Obama's 'Unelected Bureaucrats' wrote 80,000 pages of rules in 2013 - Scary

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:03 PM
  • 25 Replies

Friday, Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) published a photograph on his Facebook page of all the rules and regulations President Barack Obama’s administration implemented throughout 2013. 

The photo, a display of all the printed pages of the federal register, is 80,000 pages worth of regulations stacked in a filing cabinet.

“Behold my display of the 2013 Federal Register,” Lee wrote along with the photograph. “It contains over 80,000 pages of new rules, regulations, and notices all written and passed by unelected bureaucrats. The small stack of papers on top of the display are the laws passed by elected members of Congress and signed into law by the president.”

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VoodooVixen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:12 PM

What do the 80,000 pages say?  What are the rules, regulations and notices in regards to?  It seems to me that would be important to know instead of seeing how many pages of paper President Obama's "bureaucrats" typed on.

Until then I can't be outraged over something I know little to nothing about.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, since it is impossible for anyone to read 80,000 pages in one year - and since there at this point about 26 times more pages of regulation as the law - Yes, I'd say that is a problem.

Quoting VoodooVixen:

What do the 80,000 pages say?  What are the rules, regulations and notices in regards to?  It seems to me that would be important to know instead of seeing how many pages of paper President Obama's "bureaucrats" typed on.

Until then I can't be outraged over something I know little to nothing about.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this

There is absolutely NO REASON for that many pages of new regulations, just more to take away our rights and privileges.

blueforewolf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:07 PM

and I should believe this was all done by unelected officials because...?

29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Quoting blueforewolf:

Well, ya know.  Mr. Lee is one of those duly elected officials.  I would think that he would know how many bills were passed through both houses of Congress.  And because the Senate, with the leadership of Mr. Reid, has passed so FEW bills from the House to be signed into law, it is memorable when one does pass.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

The "unelected officials" are called lobbyists--you know--the ones who wrote the hideous bho care rules.

Quoting blueforewolf:

blueforewolf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:22 PM

like I said why should I believe him - he needs to be more informative and prove what he says

Quoting gsprofval:

The "unelected officials" are called lobbyists--you know--the ones who wrote the hideous bho care rules.

Quoting blueforewolf:

blueforewolf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:24 PM

not enough info not enough proof of anything

Quoting 29again:

Quoting blueforewolf:

Well, ya know.  Mr. Lee is one of those duly elected officials.  I would think that he would know how many bills were passed through both houses of Congress.  And because the Senate, with the leadership of Mr. Reid, has passed so FEW bills from the House to be signed into law, it is memorable when one does pass.

29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:25 PM

How many bills do you think were passed by the House and the Senate this past year? 

Quoting blueforewolf:

Quoting 29again:

Quoting blueforewolf:

blueforewolf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:29 PM

you mean how many couldn't get passed because the repubs in the house sole purpose has been to 1) defeat Obama for re-election and 2) make sure that nothing gets passed     what does that have to do with the contents and authors of the 80,000 pages of rules?

Quoting 29again:

How many bills do you think were passed by the House and the Senate this past year? 

Quoting blueforewolf:

Quoting 29again:

Quoting blueforewolf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)