Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pimp sues Nike for no 'dangerous' shoe warning

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 5:39 PM
  • 7 Replies
A man who is currently serving 100 years in prison for brutally stomping on a man's face with his sneaker is now suing Nike for not placing a "dangerous weapon" warning label on their shoes.

According to the Oregonian, 26-year-old Sirgiorgio Clardy has filed a $100 million lawsuit against Nike, claiming the shoe manufacturer should have placed a label in the shoes warning consumers that the shoes have the potential to be used as a dangerous weapon.

Clardy was found guilty and sentenced to 100 years in prison for beating a man who allegedly refused to pay Clardy’s prostitute. He also severely beat the 18-year-old prostitute.

The jury classified Clardy's shoes as "a dangerous weapon" in order to assure he received the longest prison sentence possible.

During his trial, a psychologist declared Clardy an anti-social psychopath who was 100 percent likely to commit violent crimes again.

http://m.kmbc.com/news/pimp-sues-nike-for-no-dangerous-shoe-warning/-/15945382/23959536/-/11madol/-/index.html?utm_campaign=kmbc+9+news&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=hootsuite
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:06 PM

I'm sure he will win.

Not.

StephanieSH
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:42 PM
I wad happy to see that he is representing himself and that a lawyer didn't actually take that case.
Presley77
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:47 PM
This is in my city. Head desk. Face palm.
kcangel63
by Amanda on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:49 PM
LOL! I'm sorry! I'm sure he isn't the spokesperson you were hoping for.

Quoting Presley77: This is in my city. Head desk. Face palm.
kcangel63
by Amanda on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:49 PM
The lawyers were too smart for that. :)

Quoting StephanieSH: I wad happy to see that he is representing himself and that a lawyer didn't actually take that case.
Presley77
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Oh goodness no. How embarrassing!

Quoting kcangel63: LOL! I'm sorry! I'm sure he isn't the spokesperson you were hoping for.

Quoting Presley77: This is in my city. Head desk. Face palm.
StephanieSH
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Unfortunately I wouldn't put it past some lawyers. Especially here in California.

Quoting kcangel63: The lawyers were too smart for that. :)

Quoting StephanieSH: I wad happy to see that he is representing himself and that a lawyer didn't actually take that case.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)