Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Bill Maher Has a Message for ‘Gun Nuts’ Who Watch ‘Duck Dynasty’

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Eds
  • 55 Replies

Bill Maher Has a Message for ‘Gun Nuts’ Who Watch ‘Duck Dynasty’

Late night comedian Bill Maher returned to television Friday night and took aim at the popular show “Duck Dynasty,” asking Americans to give it up for the new year.

“And finally, a resolution I have been asking America to make for a long time,” he said. “Be more cynical. Be less easily fooled. Case in point, all the people that are fans of these guys, heroes to all the rural heartland traditional values gun nuts out there.”

Watch the clip (comments begin at around 4-minute mark):

“Except here is what we recently found out these guys really look like before they got their TV show, preppy a**holes at the golf club wearing Tommy Bahama,” Maher continued. “That’s right. It is all an act, fat cats pretending to be just folks. And you fell for it.”

Earlier in the show, Maher jokingly advised viewers of the show to move to the Middle East.

“If you are that taken with a bunch of backwards religious cranks with long beards issuing ridiculous pronouncements — move to Iran,” he said. “They’ve got tons of them there.”

Another video here:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/18/bill-maher-has-a-message-for-gun-nuts-who-watch-duck-dynasty/

Disclosure:  not my title.

by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 1:53 PM
5 moms liked this

Only they obey their holy book and hang gay men, whip women for driving, stone women for being raped, and execute people for not converting to Islam or for converting to another religion.

Other than that, they're swell.

And I notice ol' Bill derides gun owners while he himself has his security detail.

And I think he might look good with some facial hair. Would look more intelligent and measured, like a professor. I hear facial hair balances out a shrinking brain.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 18, 2014 at 1:56 PM
6 moms liked this

No doubt Bill Maher would love to suppress free speech except his own....

More hatred spewed from this guy

kcangel63
by Amanda on Jan. 18, 2014 at 1:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Or he could move out of the country if he dislikes those who live here so much.
TAG_ur_it
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

i am a big fan of guns, but i refuse to watch that stupid backwoods bullshit.  he's absolutely right though. it's all an act.  those gross looking beards are covering up some pretty attractive faces.  i feel bad for thier wives, thouh i suppose the money makes up for it.  idk.  i couldn't live my life being a phony, even for that much money.

kcangel63
by Amanda on Jan. 18, 2014 at 2:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Although I don't watch the show. Couldn't even if I wanted (no tv LOL), I don't mind the beards. My hubby has a beard. :)

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

i am a big fan of guns, but i refuse to watch that stupid backwoods bullshit.  he's absolutely right though. it's all an act.  those gross looking beards are covering up some pretty attractive faces.  i feel bad for thier wives, thouh i suppose the money makes up for it.  idk.  i couldn't live my life being a phony, even for that much money.

TAG_ur_it
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 2:06 PM

i don't mind beards either... unless they're scraggly and gross and look like they're housing rodents. yuck

Quoting kcangel63: Although I don't watch the show. Couldn't even if I wanted (no tv LOL), I don't mind the beards. My hubby has a beard. :)

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

kcangel63
by Amanda on Jan. 18, 2014 at 2:12 PM
LOL

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

i don't mind beards either... unless they're scraggly and gross and look like they're housing rodents. yuck

Quoting kcangel63: Although I don't watch the show. Couldn't even if I wanted (no tv LOL), I don't mind the beards. My hubby has a beard. :)

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

cfcf
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure why Maher still has an audience. He's an angry little man who tries to pass off his hateful rants as comedy.
blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 19, 2014 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a message for Bill Maher. You disgust me! When my son was young we'd watch Steve Irwin. We both love animals. When I learned of this Maher dressing up for a Halloween Party in a costume exploiting Mr Irwin's tragic death, I was appalled! Maher has no respect for anyone, not even himself. How insensitive to Steve Irwin's wife & children who lost their father & husband. 

VoodooVixen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 1:09 PM

He is right.  It is all just a show.  I don't agree with him telling people who agree with them to move to Iran.  That is the beauty of the U.S.  We can have different opinions all in one country.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)