Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Michelle Obama’s Faces in Her Latest ‘Let’s Move’ Video Are Priceless

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Eds
  • 34 Replies

Michelle Obama’s Faces in Her Latest ‘Let’s Move’ Video Are Priceless

First lady Michelle Obama in a video released Tuesday looked like she was having the time of her life hanging out with the Miami Heat, last year’s NBA world champions.

Featuring NBA stars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Ray Allen and coach Erik Spoelstra, the video, which was produced by the first lady’s anti-obesity “Let’s Move” campaign, focuses on the benefits of healthy eating and drinking water.

And, again, the first lady looked like she was really having a terrific time (we mean that):

Michelle Obamas Faces in Her Latest Lets Move Video Are Priceless

Mrs. Obama looks boisterous. The Heat’s LeBron James looks intimidated (image source: YoutTube)

Of course the video about eating health includes the first lady … eating healthy (image source: YouTube)

We presume that’s the first lady’s game face (image source: YouTube)

Okay, maybe she doesn’t look thrilled here — but she still gives a pretty mean side-eye (image source: YouTube)

The Heat visited the White House last week where there were honored by President Barack Obama for being winning the world championship last year.

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcrew6
by Jenney on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Hey, those are better than these AP photos....

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Well, on the bright side, in three short years it will be "Let's Move Away."

That's a good thing.

PamR
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:36 PM

First lady joins LeBron James photobomb

The NBA champion Miami Heat have become known for their increasingly elaborate photo bombs of teammates' post-game interviews, and first lady Michelle Obama got in on the fun during the team's recent visit to the White House.

In a video posted to the YouTube page of the first lady's "Let's Move" initiative, Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra interviews team stars Dwyane Wade and Ray Allen about tips for healthy living.

When Wade says he eats fruits and vegetables every day, LeBron James and the first lady pop up behind the interview to chomp loudly on an apple. 

Later, as Allen emphasizes the importance of drinking water, center Chris Bosh appears to sip from a glass of water.

ADVERTISEMENT
When the interview returns to Wade, who tells children that "eating the right foods can help make you a better athlete," James trots into the background with a toy basketball net. The first lady then jumps in to throw down a slam dunk.

"Oooooh!" the first lady says, with a laugh to the camera.

"In your face!" James says.

The video concludes with the team and the first lady sitting around a table, all enjoying apples.

Last month, the team made headlines when James carried Wade around like a wheelbarrow while Bosh was being interviewed after a victory over the Sacramento Kings. The month prior, Wade did a series of cartwheels behind a James post-game interview.

Read more: http://thehill.com/video/in-the-news/195969-first-lady-lebron-james-photobomb-lets-move-video#ixzz2r4U1UgGN
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Michelle looks great.
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:46 PM
To make room for the next democrat. ..

Quoting SallyMJ:

Well, on the bright side, in three short years it will be "Let's Move Away."

That's a good thing.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Looking at these photos, spoofs or not, I would hate to be in the public eye like she is, when you can't even eat lunch without a camera snapping pics.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

The current WH loves to show the POTUS and his family singing, dancing and now playing basketball....

PPCLC
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw something about this on the morning news earlier and thought it was really cute and personable.

While I don't agree with some of her husband's policies (didn't even vote for the man), I do find both the President and First Lady charming and full of life.

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:34 PM

She cracks me up :)

In a good way.  She has grown on me a bit.  

vic270
by Vic on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

why was everyone looking at the apples? it must have been a tense moment. looking at her face and then the men all looking at those apples. i wonder were they stuffed with snickers?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)