Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Force women to have babies because abortion ‘robs men’ of fatherhood rights

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 5:55 PM
  • 73 Replies
1 mom liked this

GOP rep.: Force women to have babies because abortion ‘robs men’ of fatherhood rights

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 14:28 EST
Rep. Vicky Hartzler (C-SPAN)

Rep. Vicky Hartzler (R-MO) told conservative activists on Wednesday that women should be forced to carry their babies to term because abortion “robs men” of their right to be fathers.

Speaking at the 41st annual March for Life in Washington, D.C., Hartzler opined that “abortion hurts everyone.”

“It ends a beating heart, it leaves emotional wounds with women that they carry for life and it robs men of the privilege of fatherhood,” she said. “That’s why we must do everything in our power to end this devastating practice.”

Hartzler asserted that if abortion hadn’t been legalized, “perhaps we would have had a cure for cancer now.”

“Let us not become weary in doing good,” she advised the crowd. “For at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”

“We will continue to do all that we can here on Capitol Hill to ensure Americans born and yet to be born enjoy the most basic right to life.”

As Right Wing Watch pointed out, anti-LGBT activist Scott Lively used similar rhetoric, saying that abortion “robs” men just earlier this week.

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jan. 22, 2014 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Its stll the womans choice. Don't get with someone who doesn't want children..
KenneMaw
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 5:59 PM
3 moms liked this

Sigh....this argument drains me.  I do agree that if that man wants to raise the baby, then the woman should have the baby. However, if this baby is unloved, unwanted, etc....then abortion should be an option. Since I am not able or willing to adopt or foster unwanted babies, then I dont' feel I should be able to make an abortion decision for any woman.

blueforewolf
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:57 AM
5 moms liked this

abortions prevented some serial killers, genocidal maniacs, rapists, drug dealers, and other potential criminals from being born as well if youre going to go with the flawed logic of "perhaps we would have had a cure for cancer now"  so this woman basically wants women to be imprisoned and enslaved by their biology how very very special  - if we're going to do that then I think we have to place a cum detector on every male's balls that let's out a screaming sound when they don't wear condoms  -  or when their intent is to just have orgasms and not reproduce lmfao - while I believe it is every woman's individual responsibility to use bc when she doesn't want children as she is the one who really has to pay the consequences - no bc control is 100% and please don't give me that garbage of abstinence - also people make mistakes (particularly teens) and I don't think anyone should be forced to have their bodies used as incubators against their will - there will still be abortions whether legal or not  the only difference being will they be safe or deadly for the mother - unfortunately human females cannot reabsorb embryos when they are stressed like other animals can (rabbits) and we just have to go with what we can -  women are not breeding animals and should not be forced to carry to term if they don't want to give birth. 

autodidact
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:01 AM
3 moms liked this

So does a woman saying no, are we to be offered up anytime a man has the inclination to reproduce? 

Here's some advice for a man who wants to be a father: start with a woman who's willing to be a mother. 

JanuaryBaby06
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Perhaps we'd have a cure for cancer? No probably not. Most of the woman who have abortions do not have the money to raise a child, which means they would enter our failing school system and would most like have a mom who isnt around do to having to work 2 1/2 jobs on their own to support them. We as a soceity don't give a good chance to kids in this situation, why do you think people with money opt for private school? This argument is bull. The only reason some woman have issues after abortion is because other people (namely religious) make them feel guilty about it. There is nothing wrong with doing what is right for you, although many (namely religous) believe that woman for whatever reason, need to be mayters... need to behave like eveyones wants and needs are above their own. You do not need to become an incubator if it's not something you feel you can handle. I believe that it's more responcible then having a child that you know that you cannot raise. When men can carry a child then I'll hear their cry about their fatherhood rights until then I don't want to hear it.

Sat.Wed
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this

you dont have to "have money"  ie "rich" etc... to send yur childern to private school I am by far no where near rich yet I make SACRFICES to send my childern to private school. and umm how does abortion "rob men" of fatherhood??? when in most cases its the guy whom wants the girl to get rid of "it" when she tells him she is pregnant. am I right???

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Perhaps we'd have a cure for cancer? No probably not. Most of the woman who have abortions do not have the money to raise a child, which means they would enter our failing school system and would most like have a mom who isnt around do to having to work 2 1/2 jobs on their own to support them. We as a soceity don't give a good chance to kids in this situation, why do you think people with money opt for private school? This argument is bull. The only reason some woman have issues after abortion is because other people (namely religious) make them feel guilty about it. There is nothing wrong with doing what is right for you, although many (namely religous) believe that woman for whatever reason, need to be mayters... need to behave like eveyones wants and needs are above their own. You do not need to become an incubator if it's not something you feel you can handle. I believe that it's more responcible then having a child that you know that you cannot raise. When men can carry a child then I'll hear their cry about their fatherhood rights until then I don't want to hear it.

vic270
by Vic on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:07 AM
3 moms liked this

why not takes steps to not get pregnant? i tend to agree with the post, why deny the father. if the baby were born then if the dad wanted to be a dad or not he has no choice, he has to support the baby for years just because he made a mistake, in these situations women have all the rights. before pp does the abortion at least let the father be there to give consent just like the woman.

Quoting -Celestial-: Its stll the womans choice. Don't get with someone who doesn't want children..

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I whole heartedly believe fathers should have rights, especially married ones. But I first and foremost put the womens choice ahead of that.

In a perfect world people are preventing unwanted pregnancies instead of aborting (other than for health reasons) but we have to deal with the uneducated, ill informed, public and give them resources to help them to decide.

Quoting vic270:

why not takes steps to not get pregnant? i tend to agree with the post, why deny the father. if the baby were born then if the dad wanted to be a dad or not he has no choice, he has to support the baby for years just because he made a mistake, in these situations women have all the rights. before pp does the abortion at least let the father be there to give consent just like the woman.

Quoting -Celestial-: Its stll the womans choice. Don't get with someone who doesn't want children..

slashteddy
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:44 AM
3 moms liked this
I always lol when the argument comes to "But what about the menz???!?!?"

No person should be forced to carry a pregnancy they don't want for any reason.
vic270
by Vic on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:05 AM
3 moms liked this

you say that fathers should have rights but then all rights are taken away with what women decide. i'm speaking on a personal knowledge of this scenario. the girl got pregnant ,did not tell the daddy (even though they wern't married and he was the love of her life) she told him after the fact and lost him and his baby. this should not be allowed. the father should have a say. the baby should be allowed to live and someone somewhere will love it. oh by the way the situation i told you about happened twenty something years ago and the woman never got past the abortion (has to see a dr. and is on all kinds of antidepressants) and the love of her life to this day has never forgave her.

Quoting -Celestial-: I whole heartedly believe fathers should have rights, especially married ones. But I first and foremost put the womens choice ahead of that.

In a perfect world people are preventing unwanted pregnancies instead of aborting (other than for health reasons) but we have to deal with the uneducated, ill informed, public and give them resources to help them to decide.

Quoting vic270:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)