Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Pedophile, 60, goes free after court rules girl, 11, was in love with her abuser

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 2:32 AM
  • 27 Replies

Mobile Photo

Pedophile, 60, goes free after court rules girl, 11, was in love with her abuser

Italy's supreme court has overturned a 2011 conviction of a 60-year-old social worker found naked in bed with an 11-year-old girl.

The highest court in Italy has overturned the conviction of a 60-year-old pedophile for having sex with an 11-year-old girl — because she was in love.

Italy's supreme court has ruled the February 2011 conviction of Pietro Lamberti failed to recognize the pair's "amorous relationship" and the girl's "feelings of love."

Lamberti, a social worker, had been sentenced to five years in prison for committing sex acts with a minor after he was caught naked in bed with the girl, reports The Local. The age of consent in Italy is 14 but rises to 16 when one of those involved is in a position of authority.

The young girl came from a poor family and knew her abuser as a trusted social worker, it reports. But the conviction was nonetheless overturned Oct. 15 and made public this month.

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunnysideup89
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:50 AM
3 moms liked this

What the FUCK. That old man is sick and deserves waaaaay longer. 5 years? What is wrong with those people! I barely know what love is, how the hell does she? She needs a role model not a fondalist!  At least it wasn't rape but that little girl just has no clue of who he is, how could that be true love, that's need love, she needs affection and love obviously not sick perverted pediphile romance.

StephanieSH
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:51 AM
2 moms liked this
And there you have it. This speaks volumes about their justice system. Amanda Knox will not be sent back
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Who are we to judge who someone loves?

Good to see the higher court overturned the bigots in the original court.

What is this 1950 - Has Italy make no progress?

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:16 AM
2 moms liked this

And she is old enough to make that decision? 

He is a sick fuck!

JanuaryBaby06
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:21 PM

No. No, I don't think she will be either. I really think she's innocent too. that whole situation sucks. Makes you not want to travel.

Quoting StephanieSH: And there you have it. This speaks volumes about their justice system. Amanda Knox will not be sent back

JanuaryBaby06
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this

He should absolutely lose his job if nothing else. Whose to say she isn't going age out of his "guidelines" since Pedis only seem like like little kids & he obviously uses his job as a dating pool. Socialworkers have alot of access to pretty neglected kids who's parents are not around.

Intrestingly the article doesn't mention the parents... I wonder if they are okay with it. Parts of the country still practice child marriages. I wonder if they are getting paid off. This is just a very sad situation.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

He is a sick fuck!

StephanieSH
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 2:14 PM
I know. I spent a summer abroad in Greece in 1994 and I remember our professors warning is to be careful in how we behaved bc we were under someone else's justice system.

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

No. No, I don't think she will be either. I really think she's innocent too. that whole situation sucks. Makes you not want to travel.

Quoting StephanieSH: And there you have it. This speaks volumes about their justice system. Amanda Knox will not be sent back

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jan. 31, 2014 at 2:20 PM

13 years old is WAY to young. They are not mature enough and they certainly can't handle their emotions.

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

He should absolutely lose his job if nothing else. Whose to say she isn't going age out of his "guidelines" since Pedis only seem like like little kids & he obviously uses his job as a dating pool. Socialworkers have alot of access to pretty neglected kids who's parents are not around.

Intrestingly the article doesn't mention the parents... I wonder if they are okay with it. Parts of the country still practice child marriages. I wonder if they are getting paid off. This is just a very sad situation.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

He is a sick fuck!

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Note to self..scratch Italy off of bucket list.. Germany was first to go.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Sickening, and thank God, it didn't happen here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)