Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Budget Deficit Falling To $514 Billion: CBO

Pema_Jampa
Yesterday at 7:01 PM
DAFT PUNK MEDLEY - Jason Yang x John Schroeder

Daft Punk Medley - Get Lucky, Give Life Back to Music, Aerodynamic, Digital Love Jason Yang and John Schroeder feat. Cam Tyler SUBSCRIBE! http://full.sc/1cSy...

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:38 AM
  • 13 Replies

Budget Deficit Falling To $514 Billion: CBO

Posted: Updated: 

WASHINGTON (AP) — A new report says the government's budget deficit is set to fall to $514 billion for the current year, down substantially from last year and the lowest by far since President Barack Obama took office five years ago.

The Congressional Budget Office report credits higher tax revenues from the rebounding economy and sharp curbs on agency spending as the chief reason for the deficit's short-term decline.

But CBO sees the long-term deficit picture worsening by about $100 billion a year through the end of the decade because of slower growth in the economy over the coming decade than it had previously predicted.

Last year's deficit registered $680 billion. Obama inherited an economy in crisis and first-ever deficits exceeding $1 trillion.

by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vic270
by Vic on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:46 AM

i find so many things wrong with this post. i'm going just leave it alone instead of disputing the whole article.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Higher tax revenues? You mean the defunct tax breaks given to the middle class that were left to die due to the sequester?

How can this article, both attribute a decline in the deficit then 2 sentences later say it's going up over the next decade? Is that because they won't be able to blame Obama in 10 years? 

If Barry's camp can spend 6 years blaming GW for the deficit, then Barry camp will not only own the next 2 but another 6 of that 10..meaning he'll have been responsible for the deficit increase for 8 of the next 10 years.

He signed a sequester eliminating tax deductions for the middle class, is he taking credit for the reduced deficit or increased taxes that reduced the deficit?

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:56 AM
Still cleaning up the mess of the former President

Ever heard republicans talking about the deficit in 2008?

Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vic270
by Vic on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

i don't think you got the memo, it is not George Bush 's fault anymore it"s fox news. they are evil for reporting the truth and expecting answers.

Quoting sweet-a-kins: Still cleaning up the mess of the former President

Nope

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

ummm

Hello!

Set of black steel shields -

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Higher tax revenues? You mean the defunct tax breaks given to the middle class that were left to die due to the sequester?

How can this article, both attribute a decline in the deficit then 2 sentences later say it's going up over the next decade? Is that because they won't be able to blame Obama in 10 years? 

If Barry's camp can spend 6 years blaming GW for the deficit, then Barry camp will not only own the next 2 but another 6 of that 10..meaning he'll have been responsible for the deficit increase for 8 of the next 10 years.

He signed a sequester eliminating tax deductions for the middle class, is he taking credit for the reduced deficit or increased taxes that reduced the deficit?

Outspoken.Mime
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah that is pretty much where I am at....I am just too damn tired.

Quoting vic270:

i find so many things wrong with this post. i'm going just leave it alone instead of disputing the whole article.

Outspoken.Mime
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

How many more years can this excuse be used?

Nope

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:35 AM

What excse? The economy is better and the deficit decrease is factual...

Also, the majority of people that lost their retirement in 2008 and left their money IN...gained it back and than some....

Last year's deficit registered $680 billion. Obama inherited an economy in crisis and first-ever deficits exceeding $1 trillion.

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

Nope

Outspoken.Mime
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:41 AM

The economy is better?  I would go into this but I know better than to argue with your crazy militant Obama fetish.

Now call me a racist and demand a source....even though you never provide one for your own rubbish, and we will call it a day.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

What excse? The economy is better and the deficit decrease is factual...

Also, the majority of people that lost their retirement in 2008 and left their money IN...gained it back and than some....

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

Nope

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

DAMN! I keep forgetting...

Quoting Billiejeens:

ummm

Hello!

Set of black steel shields -

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)