Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Do you think Sandra Fluke would be a good addition to Congress?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:09 AM
  • 63 Replies

Birth Control Activist Sandra Fluke Is Seriously Considering a Run for Congress

by Jenny Erikson 

The woman who became semi-famous after Rush Limbaugh asked if she was a slut for demanding government-sponsored birth control looks to be very seriously considering a run for Congress.

Sandra Fluke has filed and paid the fee to obtain the endorsement of the California Democratic Party, although she has not officially entered the race to replace the retiring Henry Waxman in his west L.A. district.

A representative for Fluke told The Daily Caller, “It does not mean she is definitely running … it was a procedural step she had to take with the state party if she would want to be considered for their endorsement, it is not indicative of a final decision.”

More from The Stir: Rush Limbaugh Apologized for Slut Comment ... Now Get Over It

The Georgetown grad moved to California and passed the bar exam two years ago, so she’s a legit candidate. And in the super liberal district she’s running in, she actually has a shot at winning. Think Malibu, Brentwood, and Beverly Hills. I mean, they’re probably not clamoring for free birth control in those neighborhoods, but they’re definitely Obama-voters, and you know how much Obama-voters love their promises of free stuff paid for by other people.

I kid, I kid. Er, um, well let’s just say there’s humor in truth.

No word yet on whether the former candidate for Time magazine’s “Person of the Year” is planning to fund her own race, or if she’ll want that paid for too.

Do you think Sandra Fluke would be a good addition to Congress?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

no

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM
3 moms liked this

going crazy

vic270
by Vic on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:14 AM
3 moms liked this

she needs to get out of poitics and endorse her own birth control pill. she has done had a lot of success with that. and as long as she is on the pill mayby she won't reproduce.oh i forgot to answer the question NO.

Pema_Jampa
Yesterday at 2:54 PM
Rachel Platten - Fight Song (Official Lyric Video)

"Fight Song" is now available on iTunes! Download it here: http://smarturl.it/fightsong Don't forget to share and subscribe for more music! Check out my soci...

by 2HotTacoTini on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to watch her speech she gave again. It was not about her. 

Quoting vic270:

she needs to get out of poitics and endorse her own birth control pill. she has done had a lot of success with that. and as long as she is on the pill mayby she won't reproduce.oh i forgot to answer the question NO.

Pema_Jampa

"Fight Song" is now available on iTunes! Download it here: http://smarturl.it/fightsong Don't forget to share and subscribe for more music! Check out my soci...

by 2HotTacoTini on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Don't know enough about her to say.

vic270
by Vic on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

i did not watch her speech the first time, she made it about her and getting her birth control paid for when obamas adm. was passing obamacare. i thought she made a big idiot of herself then and first impressions do count.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting vic270:

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:29 PM
2 moms liked this

From what I have seen of her - she would fit right in with other representatives for CA.  Pelosi, Boxler.... I would need to see her stance on other issues besides birth control before I make a decision although my gut reaction is NO!

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

In reality her appearance before Congress - little more than a publicity stunt - little to actually do with Birth Control -

She was used ( and I do mean used) to put a face on the war on women, to fight freedom of religion,  and to advance  redistribution of wealth -

Definitely would fit into the California Government mentality - I think.

Quoting Analeigh2012:

From what I have seen of her - she would fit right in with other representatives for CA.  Pelosi, Boxler.... I would need to see her stance on other issues besides birth control before I make a decision although my gut reaction is NO!

Pema_Jampa

by 2HotTacoTini on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Obviously you didn't watch it. Maybe doing so would help be more informed on what was really said instead of making false statements in regards to Sandra Fluke.

Quoting vic270:

i did not watch her speech the first time, she made it about her and getting her birth control paid for when obamas adm. was passing obamacare. i thought she made a big idiot of herself then and first impressions do count.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting vic270:

vic270
by Vic on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

i did not make any false statements against her if i did you point them out and i will make corrections. i do not have any use for her and that is my opinion. i'm entitled to that and i do nt lie. please tell me where i'm wrong.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Obviously you didn't watch it. Maybe doing so would help be more informed on what was really said instead of making false statements in regards to Sandra Fluke.

Quoting vic270:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting vic270:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)