Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Finding out what is true is a difficult task when you are unwilling to be proven wrong.

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:22 PM
  • 82 Replies
1 mom liked this

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, that really does say it all.

cammibear
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:13 PM
2 moms liked this
LOL! That's what they took away from the debate? Basically Nye's argument is that if you don't view all evidence through the evolution assumptions then your view cannot be viable and you cannot be a true scientist.

Ham blew holes all in his argument. He made Nye look like a complete idiot (and after the debate I do have to wonder), and was completely respectful to him at the same time. Can't say the same about Nye. He couldn't articulate a single thought that made any sense. Even my 14 year old son could see that. He was all over the place.

If you didn't watch the debate, you can at debatelive.org
slashteddy
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Both had some flimsy arguments, but I ended up leaning towards Nye. Probably not a surprise, but still.
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Both sides were flawed. The Christian belief of "because the bibles tells me so" is sad.
But it's also sad when scientists think they evolution is the only way.

We have real proof that the world is older than the bible says, we have real proof that the bible is based off older scripts. But that isn't saying that god doesn't exist. Maybe this is round 2 or even 3 of his master plan.

It's all on whose perspective we choose to believe. Faith in science or faith in god.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cammibear
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Did you watch the debate?

If the bible is true, which it is, then you can make predictions from it.

THERE IS NO PROOF FOR EVOLUTION! Only assumptions. Same evidence, different interpretation of that evidence.

Id really like for you to elaborate on what "proof" there is that the Bible is based off older scripts.

Why in the world would anybody have faith in ever changing science? That just doesn't even make sense.

Quoting marchantmom06: Both sides were flawed. The Christian belief of "because the bibles tells me so" is sad.

We have real proof that the world is older than the bible says, we have real proof that the bible is based off older scripts. But that isn't saying that god doesn't exist. Maybe this is round 2 or even 3 of his master plan.

It's all on whose perspective we choose to believe. Faith in science or faith in god.
JanuaryBaby06
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:25 PM

I like your POV here, very level-headed.

Quoting marchantmom06: Both sides were flawed. The Christian belief of "because the bibles tells me so" is sad.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
What proof do you have the bible is true?

And do you honestly not know that Christianity and god are based off religions that took place thousands of years before the whole Adam and Eve story?

Quoting cammibear: Did you watch the debate?

THERE IS NO PROOF FOR EVOLUTION! Only assumptions. Same evidence, different interpretation of that evidence.

Id really like for you to elaborate on what "proof" there is that the Bible is based off older scripts.

Why in the world would anybody have faith in ever changing science? That just doesn't even make sense.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Both sides were flawed. The Christian belief of "because the bibles tells me so" is sad.

Sad?  How arrogant.

cammibear
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:33 AM
I'll be glad to answer your questions as soon as you answer mine. ;)

Replying with a question makes me think you have no clue how to answer my asking you to elaborate. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'll wait for that "proof".

Quoting marchantmom06: What proof do you have the bible is true?

And do you honestly not know that Christianity and god are based off religions that took place thousands of years before the whole Adam and Eve story?

Quoting cammibear: Did you watch the debate?

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting cammibear: 

THERE IS NO PROOF FOR EVOLUTION! 

Why in the world would anybody have faith in ever changing science?  

Before I have a go at responding to that, I'd like to have a go at re-writing the above two bits, then ask you if my re-writes still capture what you meant:

THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF UNIVERSAL COMMON DESCENT!

and

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD ANYBODY HAVE CONFIDENCE IN THE PROCESS THAT SCIENCE USES TO TRY TO ITERATIVELY IMPROVE ITS MODELS OF REALITY?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)