Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Watch What Happens When A Woman Tells Rep. Bridenstine Obama Should Be Executed

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:29 PM
  • 50 Replies

Watch What Happens When A Woman Tells Rep. Bridenstine Obama Should Be Executed (VIDEO)

FEBRUARY 4, 2014 12:04 AM

Watch What Happens When A Woman Tells Rep. Bridenstine Obama Should Be Executed

When a woman told Representative Jim Bridenstine (R-OK) she thought President Obama should be executed, he reacted by looking for common ground.

Last week, somebody told Rep. Jim Bridenstine (R-OK) that she thinks President Obama should be “executed as an enemy combatant.” He reacted by finding common, anti-Obama ground with her.

At a Tea Party event last week in Tulsa, a questioner said the following to Bridenstine.

Obama, he’s not president, as far as I’m concerned. He should be executed as an enemy combatant. …The Muslims that he is shipping into our country through pilots and commercial jets… This guy is a criminal and nobody’s stopping him. And the other thing is… Congress doing nothing that legally allows this moron to make decisions. He has no authority, none!

Right Wing Watch advises that the “shipping Muslims into the country” claim is part of a bizarre right-wing conspiracy theory.

Representative Bridenstine failed to react to the woman’s words.

I don’t know about you but if somebody told me that President Obama should be “executed as an enemy combatant,” I’d think seriously about reporting them to the Secret Service. Even without the “Muslim shipping” accusation.

But not Bridenstine. He listened respectfully as others at the gathering chuckled. Finally, Bridenstine replied:

Look, everybody knows the lawlessness of this president. He picks and chooses which laws he’s going to enforce or not enforce. He does it by decree. …When he can’t create a law through Congress, then he gives us the …executive order. …When he can’t even get that done, then he uses foreign bodies. He uses the United Nations to try to change the laws in the United States.

Bridenstine has a history of extreme rhetoric against President Obama.

Last summer, Bridenstine demanded an apology from President Obama for funding climate change research. In the fall, when he predicted the Tea Party would be heroes for shutting down the government to defund ObamaCare, he also said, “Look, we’re willing to reluctantly fund all of the rest of the government; all we’re asking for is this one item.”

So it’s no big surprise that someone should feel so free to speak so hostilely to him about our president. It is disappointing, however, that a U.S. Congressman, no matter how much he hates Obama, would not immediately speak out against and condemn talk of executing him.

By listening respectfully to that kind of talk, Bridenstine gave it undeserved credibility. Even worse, he helped foster a climate for more.

Watch him not respond for yourself here.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:34 PM
6 moms liked this

Look, everybody knows the lawlessness of this president. He picks and chooses which laws he’s going to enforce or not enforce. He does it by decree. …When he can’t create a law through Congress, then he gives us the …executive order. …When he can’t even get that done, then he uses foreign bodies. He uses the United Nations to try to change the laws in the United States.

100% true - moving on.

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:37 PM

"somebody told Rep. Jim Bridenstine (R-OK) that she thinks President Obama should be “executed as an enemy combatant.” He reacted by finding common, anti-Obama ground with her."

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:45 PM
2 moms liked this

good

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

"somebody told Rep. Jim Bridenstine (R-OK) that she thinks President Obama should be “executed as an enemy combatant.” He reacted by finding common, anti-Obama ground with her."

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:49 PM

What are your thoughts on what she said?

Quoting Billiejeens:

good

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:52 PM
2 moms liked this

After he leaves the white house if he is charged with crimes then he should be tried and held accountable for any convictions, as any other citizen would be.

(but that's not your real concern - your concern is making the Republican look bad yes?)

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting Billiejeens:

good

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

No. I make them look bad? Responsibility for one's actions? They do it all themselves. They should own it.

Quoting Billiejeens:

After he leaves the white house if he is charged with crimes then he should be tried and held accountable for any convictions, as any other citizen would be.

(but that's not your real concern - your concern is making the Republican look bad yes?)

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting Billiejeens:

good

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Shipping musims by way of planes eh...hmmmm..lnteresting.. Haven't heard that one as of yet..I would just assume he lets them attain immigration status easier..  But alas..Fast and Furious comes to mind and gun running in Syria so who knows.. I would love to see who's been invited to the White House myself.. We've seen the Mrs. visit a questionable muslim of the boston bombing at the hospital..and then that same person attended a function at the white house with his dad.   So many conspiracy theories..   I'm guessing this woman feels Obama has crossed the line between doing presidential duties to treasonal whatever.. I'm also guessing that it's pretty hard to prove someone as doing something treasonal.. If it were easy..the Obamas might be in jail by now.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Do you read your own posts?   Probably not.

Let us diagram your sentence.

Her:    Obama should be executed.... ( okay that is fairly clear - though the parameters of how and when this would be accomplished are not stringently set.  She is clearly not a fan of Obama.

Him: He is a Republican - by definition he is not going to be a fan.

Here is your sentence - Finding Common ground. -

So, anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of English would see that the act of "finding common ground"   means looking for - so clearly while not being a fan of our very fine President, he didn't agree with executing him - because as you indicated - he had to "find" common ground.

Excellent (accidental) destruction of your own position. 

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

No. I make them look bad? Responsibility for one's actions? They do it all themselves. They should own it.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting Billiejeens:

good

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I was talking about the woman. What she said was outrageous. 

Him trying to pussy foot around it is comical. 

If they say such things then they should be judged accordingly. 

Quoting Billiejeens:

Her:    Obama should be executed.... ( okay that is fairly clear - though the parameters of how and when this would be accomplished are not stringently set.  She is clearly not a fan of Obama.

So, anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of English would see that the act of "finding common ground"   means looking for - so clearly while not being a fan of our very fine President, he didn't agree with executing him - because as you indicated - he had to "find" common ground.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting Billiejeens:

good

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:24 PM

uh huh

(pats head)

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

I was talking about the woman. What she said was outrageous. 

Him trying to pussy foot around it is comical. 

If they say such things then they should be judged accordingly. 

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting Billiejeens:

good

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)