Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Tenn. pastor of Happy Valley Church of Jesus Christ rails against biracial babies

Pema_Jampa
Please send me a email! I just love sharing them in the group for all to see. Pretty please..
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

WATCH: Tenn. pastor of Happy Valley Church of Jesus Christ rails against biracial babies

shutterstock_25092388

The American Jesus blog wants to know if Brother Donny Reagan of the Happy Valley Church of Jesus Christ is the “most racist pastor in America.”

In a video recorded in 2013 and published by the blog on Thursday, Brother Reagan rails against interracial marriage and mixed race children calling the marriage “not right” and wondering why we can’t leave segregation “alone.”

“Today we have so much fussing and stewing about this segregation of white and colored and everything. Why don’t they leave it alone? Let it be the way God made it.”

Reading from a prepared text, Brother Reagan warns his congregation that he is probably “going to make some people mad.”

“There is a move in the message, of blacks marrying whites, whites marrying blacks.” Reagan explains “And folks think that is alright, but you know, my God still has nationalities outside the city.’

To the “amens” of his congregation, Brother Reagan read, “Hybreeding, hybreeding, oh how terrible. They hybreed the people. You know it’s a big molding pot. I’ve got hundreds of precious colored friends  that’s borned again Christians. But on this line of segregation, hybreeding the people. What, tell me what fine cultured, fine Christian colored woman would want her baby to be a mulatto by a white man? No sir, it’s not right.”

Reagan also told his congregation that “If God wanted a man brown, black, white, whatever color he wanted him, that God’s creation. That’s the way he wanted it.”

Happy Valley Church of Jesus Christ is located in Johnson City, Tennessee.

Watch the video below:

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Colored folk friends. Suuuuuure only if they're dressed in black face.

Smh
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Wow..."pastor"...eye rolling

gludwig2000
by Gina on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:36 PM

He sounds like an idiot to me, but its really not surprising to hear a pastor in the south says such horrible things.

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:24 AM

All races are born the human race(human evolution).Our nationality and features developed over time (genetics)depending upon where our ancestors traveled to and evolved over generations(creating distinct features(blond,red,dark,freckles,slanted eyes,skin tones etc.) in each area).Africa being dark skin and kinky hair to protect from the sun,Sweden cold areas light hair blue eyes lack of sun,etc.

Once we were able to travel and meet other races we began falling in love.You cant stop love.Love has no color.If we are so different we wouldnt even be able to mix.We wouldnt have the same blood or be able to give one another heart transplants or blood transfusions.

Just look around at all of Gods creations.There are many mammals that are different types,but still a mammal.A human is a human just all different colors,hair types eyes colors,and races.Look at nature...many types of trees but still a tree,many types of flowers but still a flower.

This Reagan guy is just a racist hick preaching hate.He is closer to Lucifer than God.He is the devils advocate.Hiding behind God and preaching hate.

If he would check his DNA he may be surprised to find out he had a black great great grandma....lol...

Remember that other white supremacist who found out he had some black in his ancestry and had a mock hanging of himself.This high and mighty pure as snow nazi crap is a joke.

BeingGood
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:50 AM

T

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM

I mentioned in another post yesterday about a Baptist I had a discussion with and how she told me people in the Baptist church lose their memberships if it's found out they are doing something or living a life style the church does not approve of. One of the examples she gave me was drinking and not accepting mixed couples period was another example.

She said it didn't have anything to do with be racist but it's because "according to the Biblical teachings" mixed marriage is a sin. She said we are supposed to stick with our own kind and not mix with others. She told me that they didn't consider one (black or white) to be in the wrong any more than the other that they were both equally wrong and both guilty of being in a sinful marriage. She told me a couple where the husband and wife were both either black or white that they can join but not mixed.

She said in cases like I first mentioned where they are members lose their membership that the church congegration actually takes a vote at their business meatings which are usually held monthly after a night service but when it comes to mixed couples there is no vote they are denied membership period due to being in a sinful marriage.

PamR
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Quoting gludwig2000:

He sounds like an idiot to me, but its really not surprising to hear a pastor in the south says such horrible things.

He does sound like an idiot, but he's not representative of southerners. Interracial families are not out of the ordinary here. In fact, I think there might be more interracial couples here than in many other parts of the country. 

Donna6503
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 4:03 PM
Feel the hate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Quoting MomTiara19:

All races are born the human race(human evolution).Our nationality and features developed over time (genetics)depending upon where our ancestors traveled to and evolved over generations(creating distinct features(blond,red,dark,freckles,slanted eyes,skin tones etc.) in each area).Africa being dark skin and kinky hair to protect from the sun,Sweden cold areas light hair blue eyes lack of sun,etc.

Once we were able to travel and meet other races we began falling in love.You cant stop love.Love has no color.If we are so different we wouldnt even be able to mix.We wouldnt have the same blood or be able to give one another heart transplants or blood transfusions.

Just look around at all of Gods creations.There are many mammals that are different types,but still a mammal.A human is a human just all different colors,hair types eyes colors,and races.Look at nature...many types of trees but still a tree,many types of flowers but still a flower.

This Reagan guy is just a racist hick preaching hate.He is closer to Lucifer than God.He is the devils advocate.Hiding behind God and preaching hate.

If he would check his DNA he may be surprised to find out he had a black great great grandma....lol...

Remember that other white supremacist who found out he had some black in his ancestry and had a mock hanging of himself.This high and mighty pure as snow nazi crap is a joke.

One of my sisters whom is Iraqi has carrot orange hair, even her eye lashes and her skin is super white. She has 4 kids and 2 of them took after her. It's kind of odd because she is the only one out of a big bunch who looks like that. She used to have the big nose which could maybe have been the only give away that she is Arab for any one who is familiar enough with Arabs to spot it. She had a nose job about 15 years ago unless she opens her mouth and you hear the accent you would never guess or even believe to look at her or the 2 kids that they are Arab. She looks amazing though. She is probably almost 20 years older than me which would make her late 50's or 60 but she could very easily pass for 40.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)