Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Michelle Obama: 'Young People Are Knuckleheads,' Which Is Why They Need Obamacare

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Eds
  • 8 Replies

Michelle Obama: 'Young People Are Knuckleheads,' Which Is Why They Need Obamacare

"They're the ones who are cooking for the first time and slice their finger open, they're dancing on the bar stool."

6:38 AM, Feb 21, 2014 • By DANIEL HALPER

First Lady Michelle Obama told Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon last night that "young people are knuckleheads," which is they need to get Obamacare:

by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Looks like the Tonight show aka Fallon is the NEW Carny..

mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:18 PM

That they obviously are  but the whole thing is a resounding mess.

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

They can keep trying to sell it, but the young folks I know that no longer qualify for their parents' plans are not purchasing insurance this year, or next.  And they are Obama supporters.  It is bigger than a train wreck.

funny_girl3
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 4:56 PM

I purchased insurance, I'm 32 so I still count in the younger people, at least the way Obamacare is classifying things.  I haven't had group health insurance since my husband was laid off back in 2009.  We had to purchase individual coverage since my husband has central sleep apnea, it's considered a preexisting condition.  The premiums for his coverage cost almost 1/3 of his monthly income, plus he had a huge deductible that we always satisfied within the first 6 months of the year.  So we love Obamacare.  No more outrageous premiums for preexisting conditions, no more huge deductible.  He is now covered by his employer and I still have individual insurance, but we're saving $1200 a year on my health insurance, plus what we save by having his employer pay for his insurance. 

Patti-Gee
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:14 PM

My 22 year old single son has health insurance, his job offers it.  He did ask me a couple of questions regarding the different plans they offered.   I work in billing, and talk to insurance companies daily.  

My oldest son is on his wifes plan, she is a school teacher.  Her plan was better than anything he has had before.   When he was single he would also direct his insurance questions to me.  

Some young people are very smart, I raised 2 of them.  

PamR
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 7:42 PM

A lot of young people also can't envision a time when they aren't going to be young and healthy.  Bad things happen to other people.  So they don't bother to get insurance because they don't think they'll need it.  Then something happens and they have medical bills that can financially ruin them.

A lot of young people are knuckleheads.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Everyone is a knucklehead to Michelle. Except Jimmy Fallon.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I wonder what circles of young people Shelly's been hanging with. 

My 19yo son, going to college, lives in his own apt. Cooks for himself, knows how to handle a knife and doesn't dance on barstools. (granted not old enough to drink in a bar).

My 17yo, who still lives at home can also handle a knife and chop onions to saute with steak tips. 

I wouldn't say they're "done" but they're not knuckleheads either.

Additionally, how many of us mom's have cut our fingers with a knife? 

She's just an idiot.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have."---Thomas Jefferson

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)