Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Greenpeace co-founder: No scientific evidence of man-made global warming

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:39 AM
  • 7 Replies

"It could be said that frost and ice are the enemies of life"
check it out:

There is no scientific evidence that human activity is causing the planet to warm, according to Greenpeace co-founder Patrick Moore, who testified in front of a Senate committee on Tuesday.

Moore argued that the current argument that the burning of fossil fuels is driving global warming over the past century lacks scientific evidence. He added that the Earth is in an unusually cold period and some warming would be a good thing.

"There is no scientific proof that human emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) are the dominant cause of the minor warming of the Earth's atmosphere over the past 100 years," according to Moore's prepared testimony. "Today, we live in an unusually cold period in the history of life on earth and there is no reason to believe that a warmer climate would be anything but beneficial for humans and the majority of other species."

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend.
Sometimes the Enemy of my Enemy is just another Enemy.
The trick is to know when.
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Clairwil
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Quoting Billiejeens:

A) They are not actually a co-founder of Greenpeace.

B) They are not a scientist  (This isn't Patrick Moore the astronomer, this is another bloke who happens to have the same name)

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting Billiejeens:

B) They are not a scientist  (This isn't Patrick Moore the astronomer, this is another bloke who happens to have the same name)

Oh FFS - Is there anything that you Hoaxers will not say.

He left Greenpeace years ago when it went from Environmental Issues to Political Issues.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Greenpeace Co-Founder Tells U.S. Senate: Earth’s Geologic History ‘fundamentally contradicts’ CO2 Climate Fears: ‘We had both higher temps and an ice age at a time when CO2 emissions were 10 times higher than they are today’

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Its called climate change
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:49 AM

BUMP!

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Quoting Billiejeens:
Quoting Clairwil:
Quoting Billiejeens:

Oh FFS - Is there anything that you Hoaxers will not say.

He left Greenpeace years ago when it went from Environmental Issues to Political Issues.

I am not a 'Hoaxer'.

And what I said is 100% accurate.   He isn't a scientist.   And he isn't a co-founder of Greenpeace (he joined a year after they were founded).

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:54 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)