Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

For Obama and Boehner, just maybe, a way forward

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:39 AM
  • 9 Replies

For Obama and Boehner, just maybe, a way forward

Boehner & Obama in the Oval Office
.U.S. President Barack Obama meets with Speaker of the House John Boehner in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington February 25, 2014. (REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque)

The latest snowfall was a bigger story in Washington this week than Tuesday’s private meeting between the estranged president and House speaker — their first in more than a year. Since Barack Obama recently signaled that he has all but given up on legislating with Republicans, and since John Boehner has flat out said thathe can’t trust the president, the assumption in Washington is that the chances for big legislation anytime soon are basically zero, whether the White House breaks out the good china or not.

A clever Washington Post headline summed up the reaction this way: “Obama and Boehner Meet. No Big Deal.”

Full Story Here:
http://news.yahoo.com/for-obama-and-boehner--just-maybe--a-way-forward-013718050.html

Do you think Obama and Boehner can ever really get along and work together?

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Since they are diametrically opposed and the president has no idea how to compromise, I certainly hope not.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:36 AM

I think Obama needs to remember he is in a different branch of government.

I think he needs to learn how to NEGOTIATE, not constantly back Republicans into a corner.

He does not know how. He doesn't give, only takes. Needs to listen, not just talk and make speeches. That's the problem.

He and Dems need to think about CONSEQUENCES of their proposed legislation. The GOP thinks about this far more than Dems. Attention to this will reduce the disasters and problems, eg, Obamacare.

Republicans want to work with someone who cooperates and doesn't insist on his own way all the time.

Obama needs to be a leader, not a bully.

linmei
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Mobile Photo

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this

C'mon, we ALL know it's the GOP's fault, they won't let Barry have his way. 

denise3680
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:48 AM

I think those two can work together if you did not extremist on both sides trying to get their way or the highway tactics:/ 

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:00 AM

These meetings are basically just a free drink and/or food on the tax payers dime..nothing else. (imo).

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:00 AM

You will never see this  but - the president is the extemist.

Quoting denise3680:

I think those two can work together if you did not extremist on both sides trying to get their way or the highway tactics:/ 

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend.
Sometimes the Enemy of my Enemy is just another Enemy.
The trick is to know when.
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Actually that would be the best case scenario.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

These meetings are basically just a free drink and/or food on the tax payers dime..nothing else. (imo).

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend.
Sometimes the Enemy of my Enemy is just another Enemy.
The trick is to know when.
denise3680
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Everything in your eyes is his fault, you cannot see the forest for the trees, Billie.  They are all extremist and with that mentality in Washington nothing has gotten done.  Finger pointing and blame game, look that is all we do on these boards, one side blames the other and still nothing gets resolved.  You have no idea what I see or do not see, I choose not to discuss anything with you about our President:/ 

Quoting Billiejeens:

You will never see this  but - the president isthe extemist.

Quoting denise3680:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN